Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport

I am apply for a passport. I was just wondering if it is worth getting a jumbo passport. Is it need with all the visa and things that come withbeing a cadet/officer?

Re: Passport

they still do 2 sizes?
    Oh well yes it can be worth it
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

It depends on where you expect to be travelling to. A normal sized one did fine for me. You normally get more than one stamp per page.....

Hopefully the immigration officers think of the environment!

Comment

I would get the bigger one, otherwise you end up needing to get a new passport before your 10 years are up. In 4 years at sea on my old one I managed to fill all but 3 pages before it ran out!
        ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
        myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Would appreciate it if anyone has got any further comments as I am due to renew mine. Thanks! :-)

Comment

I've managed ok considering I've had about 4 different residence visas, US visa, Chinese Visa, Indian Visa, Pakistani Visa and they all like to take up one page each. Throw in the multiple visits to different places and the going to and from Dubai/Musandam all the time I'm still good with quite a fair few pages left over.
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Out of the 10 Countries i Visited on my last ship , i got one stamp and that was for entering the USA via JFK airport , i was rather disappointed , seen as though i paid extra for the JUMBO
              Maybe I will never be
              All the things that I want to be
              But now is not the time to cry
              Now's the time to find out why

Comment

I can't see there's much point. Having been to 20 or so countries in the past year, I only have about 5 stamps to show for it and 3 of them are on the same page.

Comment

I've managed ok for the moment in 4 years. Might be needing a new one soon tho. All those stamps have to go somewhere.

It's just a pain in the donkey because it means my US Visa will have to be renewed and that's a massive faff

To boldly go.....
                  Forum Administrator
                  OfficerCadet.com

Comment

TheMachine and Randomist: you're both deck officers but have two very different opinions about the matter so does it make a difference whether you're on a cruise ship or not? Thanks a lot for the answers so far!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randomist View Post
                      I've managed ok for the moment in 4 years. Might be needing a new one soon tho. All those stamps have to go somewhere.

It's just a pain in the donkey because it means my US Visa will have to be renewed and that's a massive faff
                      One of the guys I work with is South African, and his still valid UK visa is in his expired passport, so at passport control he just shows both passports. After all, its only your passport thats expired, not your visa.
                      "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Working...
                      X