First Trip - What to expect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Trip - What to expect!

Good luck CD, make sure and keep here/your blog as updated as poss, especially when on Aurora as i'll be on the day you get off! Sunny Acapulco and all that.

Make sure Kev behaves himself, if that is possible.

Comment

KD behaving himself? Surely not! Haha.

Will do, as long as I actually get there! In Dublin at the minute praying that my flight to Gatwick goes tomorrow, if not I'm a bit stuck since there's no other flights to Gatwick before I'm meant to be leaving for Barbados! Eeeep!
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

surely thats a good thing if you make it to barbados after boat leaves? Get put up in a hotel tilll they can catch you up with it?

Comment

More likely I'd be put on the next day's flight to St Lucia to catch it there. But I'm being optimistic - it will work dammit!
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

Worst case if you miss it, they will just fly you from Barbados to the next port of call - there are flights between the islands you know :-p

Edit: Ok, I miss read what you wrote - oops!
            ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
            myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Typical-flight canx from dublin to gatwick so now joining the ship in Southampton on 9th Jan. Gutted, missing out on two weeks!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDelta
                We had various terms thrown at us including SG1A, coxswain and seaman. Seaman I can understand, SG1A seems to be AB but the coxswains have me a bit baffled - I always thought a coxswain was the steery-type-person e.g. lifeboat coxswain.
                Do they have an SG2/SG1B/SG1A structure at Carnival? I had thought it was solely an RFA thing.

Comment

The only title I heard of was SG1A which they mentioned during our induction slideshow and onboard tour. I'm sure someone ele can confirm - if not I'll tell you next week
                  sigpic

Comment

The amount of people joining this ship on the 9th is unreal. It's gonna be one major turnaround

Comment

Yeah look like it - coaches from the hotel I wonder? lol
                      sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised although ill be driving there myself. I guess i'd better start getting my stuff together soon

Comment

I'm heading down tomorrow to be safe since I'm coming from Ireland again, ?39 for the Friday night at said hotel - classy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Is your company paying for it?

Comment

No they only pay the night before joining, but I'm travelling from Ireland instead of from home in the UK, so safer to head straight for Southampton a day earlier since there's more snow forecast in Dublin.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well good luck to you have a good trip.
                                Will try to keep the place tidy while your away :P

Comment

Working...
                                X