Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orals results for all MCA Offices for OOW(D), Mates, Masters, OOW(E), 2nd E, Chiefs from 2014 to 2018

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see where you are coming from and agree CCTV would be better in all respects. I suspect they don't want CCTV because it would probably result in a massive increase in exam appeals because there would be hard evidence of how an exam went whereas at the moment its your word against theirs.

I wonder how other industries deal with it. Driving tests are the immediate ones that spring to mind where you are left alone with the examiner and allegations could be made. Does anyone know if these are recorded?

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
      Driving tests are the immediate ones that spring to mind where you are left alone with the examiner and allegations could be made. Does anyone know if these are recorded?
      They're not at the moment but they're looking into body-worn cameras for examiners. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40886319

sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Working...
      X