Seeking Assistance in resolving this question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Assistance in resolving this question

MV Genesis Pioneer on a FGN Voyage sailing from Tropical Zone through Summer Zone to Winter Zone, the vessel covered a total distance of 4608NM.
    During the voyage, in the Tropical Zone the vessel covered a distance of 1152NM with a draft of 12.74m, in the Summer Zone the distance covered was 2880NM with a draft of 12.48m, while in the Winter Zone the distance covered was 576NM with a draft of 12.22m.
    If the vessel have an average speed of 12kts, TPC 20 and a consumption of 30t per day,

a) Calculate the steaming time in each of the Load Line Zones
    b) Calculate the ship's consumptions in each of the Load Line Zones
    c) Calculate the vessel's maximum drafts in Tropical Zone, Summer Zone and the draft rise in the Winter Zone.
    d) Calculate the cargo to Load.

I have tried working the questions, I need experienced hands on this.

Thanks in anticipation

Perhaps it would be better if you show how you have tried to calculate the answers and then we can comment and perhaps advise you where you might be making a mistake. Siply providing the answer benefits nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMariner View Post
      Perhaps it would be better if you show how you have tried to calculate the answers and then we can comment and perhaps advise you where you might be making a mistake. Siply providing the answer benefits nobody.
      These are my following answers;
      Total STMG Time in Tropical Zone: 96hrs (4days)

Total STMG Time in Summer Zone:
      240hrs (10 days)

Total STMG Time in Winter Zone:
      48hrs, (2days)

Total Ship's consumption in Tropical zone: 120t, Summer Zone: 300t, Winter Zone: 60t.

Vessel's draft in Tropical Zone : Rise is 6cm, Max Draft: 12.80 ; Summer Zone : Rise is 15cm, Max Draft is 12.63 ; Rise in Winter is 3cm.

Cargo to load - 480t.

I'm more concerned about my Cargo to load, and my vessel's maximum drafts. I'll be excited if these answers given above are correct and if wrong I'll be glad if am directed in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
      X