Voyage leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Euprymna View Post
    So how can you get 8 months if some of the time is spent waiting for the call? Sorry, I think I'm just being dim at the moment D:
    For example as a deckie:
    Your total sea phases (2 and 4) are around 20 months (I think), so if you need 12 months of seatime that gives you 8ish spare.
    Some of this 8 might be you sat at home or might be spent onboard, depending on your company.

Im not so sure the exact amount of months engineers get for their phases, but you get the idea.
    2/O Tankers

Watch out for big green boxes...

Comment

As I recall, Engineers get around 11 months to fit the required 8 months into.

It's not unheard of for cadets to spend Easter/Christmas at sea in phase 5 to get the last few days in - or even after phase 5.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flobbernoggin View Post
        For example as a deckie:
        Your total sea phases (2 and 4) are around 20 months (I think), so if you need 12 months of seatime that gives you 8ish spare.
        Some of this 8 might be you sat at home or might be spent onboard, depending on your company.

Im not so sure the exact amount of months engineers get for their phases, but you get the idea.
        It is less than deckies but it's still more than enough to get the 8 months in (as the course accounts for the extra four months that will be spent in the workshop, but that's four solid months that are easily planned for).
        27//Officer Cadet//Phase Three//Warsash

My officer cadet blog - SeasboundBySummer.Tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
        X