SSTG & MEF Cadets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSTG & MEF Cadets

Are there any SSTG & MEF cadets on here?

Heading to sea in a few weeks and patiently waiting for the email to drop through telling me what I'll be going on, and was curious what other MEF/SSTG cadets had been put on in the past.

Thanks

Anything and everything, Shell tankers, Vships offshore, Bibby, Windstar, Saga Cruises, Dredgers, Arklow, BAS, NERC.

Why are you patiently waiting? Call your training manager.
    Superyacht OOW
    SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
    Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
      Anything and everything, Shell tankers, Vships offshore, Bibby, Windstar, Saga Cruises, Dredgers, Arklow, BAS, NERC.

Why are you patiently waiting? Call your training manager.
      Thanks for the reply.

Still two weeks or so to go until phase 2 begins and I believe January cadets were/are still being placed on vessels, so it's not too uncommon to get only a few days notice with SSTG.

Try to pester my training manager as little as possible

Comment

Yeah I know it isn't uncommon, I once had less than 24 hours notice. But it shouldn't be that way. Its not exactly rocket science.

Always be friendly and polite, and build a good rapport with them, but pester them nonetheless! Its your training, and defines your future career so take charge of it! Especially when you head back to sea or Ph4, if there is a certain company or vessel type you'd like to work on, you wont get it unless you ask!
        Superyacht OOW
        SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
        Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Working...
        X