X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effiestephy
    replied
    Re: Clyde Marine Sponsor

Well, if they think you're good enough there is a chance you could have Disney, 2 guys on my course are with Disney, and some guys ended up with Western Ferries, but they don't do training on their ships. so they'll probably be working on Royal Carribean ships. I quite like my company, Vroon Offshore, they're nowhere near close to my 3 choices, but I checked them out and they seem quite good for training. Just be thankful that you get a company and a ship to work on.

Leave a comment:

• weerossi
    replied

If you are going with clyde, you are best to check all the deep sea companies that they sent out to you on the list. check where they go in the world. go onto their websites.

It's all down to personal choice. But let me say, If i had the choice again to pick my top 3 companies, I would choose different based on the infrotmation from this webstie and mostly the information learned in my first week or so at college.

Leave a comment:

• Neil87
    replied

I did apply to them in August 2009 and they said they had completed intake for Sept 2009 but sent me an e-mail saying i meet their criteria and could they keep my application on file and contact me for Sept 2010 intake but stupid me didnt bother chasing them up and just left it and applied to Clyde. I applied to Clyde in Jan 2010 but wont start now till Jan 2011. Ive waited a year but I suppose thats just how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• MEJG
    replied

Apply to theBorg direct like... we are global

Leave a comment:

• Neil87
    replied

Thank you for all your advice. I dont really mind if i dont work on a cruise ship but really im trying to pick companies that travel to different places all over the world rather than just operating in certain areas of the world.

Maybe somebody could list 3 sponsors through clyde that operate all over the world. I have tried looking at this but not every company lists where they operate.

Leave a comment:

• GuinnessMan
    replied

I put Royal Carribean as my third choice. I didnt really care, there was only two companies I really wanted and that was a "what the hell, why not?" kinda choice.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

I believe we do have someone on here who's got Disney. I suppose if you really want cruise ships and nothing else, then Clyde's not really the right place - better to apply to Viking/Carnival/Princess.

Leave a comment:

• weerossi
    replied

If you put zodiac then i think you are more or likley to end up with them.

I would advise you not to waste a 1st choice on Royal Carribean or Disney as it is slim to nil chance you get them.
    If you want a cruise company pick 7seas if you do, a boy in my class got them and I think they may take on more cadets than rci & disney. Most people in my class picked Royal Carribean in their top3 no1 got it.

You don't need to listen to me, But i wish i had this advice before I picked my top 3 choices,

Anyways good luck with yer choices.

Leave a comment:

• effiestephy
    replied

If you put Zodiac in, even if it's your last choice, you will definately get them. I think the majority of cadets got Zodiac, they must always have loads of places to fill.

Leave a comment:

• fernze411
    replied

that ship 'the world' must accommodate some of the worlds most horrible wanchors.

Leave a comment:

• Neil87
    replied

Ye it might be a like a cruise ship but the people on board are very wealthy. Become over friendly with a passenger and you may be made for life. Wishful thinking

I live near Cardiff and it was in the Channel a few weeks ago. Residents came ashore on tenders to have a round of golf @ celtic manor (ryder cup) aswell as tours of millenium stadium and the wales millenium centre. Useless bit of info but was quite shocked that these people would be interested in visiting cardiff.

Yes and the penthouse is up for sale @ 8.6 Million

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

not your typical Carnival line passengers though.

600,000 USD for the smallest apartment and a monthly charge of 20,000 USD.

lots of nice stuff to fix

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

Hmm, it's really just a small-to-mid sized cruise ship...

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

Yes, that would be a nice ship to work on (lots of work for an ETO on that)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_The_World

Leave a comment:

• Neil87
    replied

Thank you. Just shows how hard i look. Not!

Ro-ro n PCTC would i be right in saying that its it the lime green line. So operating from Southampton to USA n looks like india way? Geography not very good.

I saw on there website aswell they have connections to "the world" but i think that just on technical management side not for deck positions. Which is a shame would love to work on "the world"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X