Northern Marine Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Marine Interviews

Good luck to everyone who has Northern Marine interviews this week and next. Really nice interviewers.
    I got the usual questions, no trick ones. Be aware that being at sea has its dangers. Have an idea of what you'll be doing at sea as a cadet.
    Two weeks of interviews; no idea how many they're seeing.
    Best of luck.

Hi I'm assuming around 15 of each as when I spoke to them at the open day they said they had only received around just over 20 of each (deck engine) applications.

Robert
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by old woman of the sea View Post
      Be aware that being at sea has its dangers
      One would hope that anyone who has done the most basic of research would be aware of this.
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Not according to the guy who was interviewing me, GM. He said lots of cadets were astonished to hear that there were 120 injuries last year relating to enclosed space accidents alone (too many fatalities too in that number), and that many potential cadets fail on the 'what would you do if there was a fire' question. He said most assumed 'dangers at sea' meant pirates.
        I'm not casting aspersions on anyone on here, of course - OC.com posters are always knowledgeable and well-informed!

Comment

The most dangerous job in the UK is deep sea fishermen. The second most dangerous job is merchant seaman. The reason these jobs don't appear in the usual suspects list of dangerous jobs (builders, miners etc.) is that statistics for seaman are collected by the MAIB rather than the HSE and whoever's heard of the MAIB?
          io parlo morse

Comment

Of course the interviewers are nice - I work for NMM and have done for the last 20 years. Without doubt the best company I've ever worked for.

Comment

Are the interviews with NMM the same as when I did it? 1 personal, 1 technical?

Comment

From the people whom have had interviews, were they through Clyde or through a separate application to NMM direct?

Comment

06njack, mine was a direct application to NMM.
                  Leviathan, it was a general interview for me - a second interview wasn't mentioned.
                  Hyunna, really good to hear, thanks.

Comment

No I applied direct as was the company that appealed to me most through clyde but I discovered at an open day you could apply direct so I did and was over the moon .
                    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Working...
                    X