Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFA Admiralty Interview Board Advice!

Evening all,

having passed my psychometric and sift interview I now have my AIB in a week. And I wondered if someone could impart some advice/tips? This is incredibly important for me and I want to do everything I can to pass! Any help would be wonderful.

Many thanks,

Tim

Have you checked out the info on the RN website? When did you have your sift interview? A week between sift and AIB sounds like things are moving prety quickly!

Comment

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/~/media/...ew%20board.pdf
      I hope you've probably seen this.

Keep up on current world affairs obviously, the situation in the Med is particularly relevant. Vary your news sources, BBC, Aljazeera, New Statesman etc to get a balanced view and try to form your own opinions.

Also remember that it's the same military board that all RN & RM Officers have to pass, so learn both the RFA fleet and warships, what they do, what they've got on them and where they are - the RN website is always out of date but its a good start, also get a copy of the latest pompey propaganda - the Navy News. Plus Janes defence headlines.

Your actions as a team member will be as scrutinized as your leadership potential too.

If you can, read up about the Board members. Don't confuse submariners with pilots!

Be positive, keep smiling and keep your sense of humor close to the surface... And ignore the guy watching you with a clipboard when you're in the pub on the first night...
      Superyacht OOW
      SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
      Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
        Don't confuse submariners with pilots!
        But.....wha......how?

Originally posted by snowy View Post
        And ignore the guy watching you with a clipboard when you're in the pub on the first night...
        Particularly if he has crossed his legs and is smiling at you. Oh, and don't go back to Snowy's house either.....
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
          Particularly if he has crossed his legs and is smiling at you.

It's when he opens them that you need to start worrying...
          io parlo morse

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post
            It's when he opens them that you need to start worrying...
            Indeed, but I still wouldn't go near Snowy's house though....
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Oh, and don't go back to Snowy's house either.....
              If they get to my house on a night out in Gosport they deserve instant promotion to Fleet Navigator.
              And the joke is that you're under constant assessment from the start, including in the 'Cocked Hat' pub outside the base in the evening.

But.....wha......how?
              Another famous dit, young hopeful's attempt at getting popular with the board: "I'd like to be a pilot... just like you Sir" after seeing a set of submariner's Dolphin insignia on the chest of one of his board members and confusing them for Pilot's wings.
              Superyacht OOW
              SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
              Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Many thanks for the advice! And relevant banter!

Comment

Working...
                X