Topping up to full degree from a HND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping up to full degree from a HND

Helllo, I'm currently thinking of applying for a deck cadetship but I'm not sure whether to go down the HND or FD route. I already have my heart set on already topping up to the full degree at the end of my normal cadetship. My main question is, what is the difference from topping up from the HND route compared to the FD route? Does it take longer? Is it harder to get the degree? My second question is does anyone know of any shipping companies still taking applications for the September intake?
    Cheers Ben

Hi Ben

If you want to top up to the BSc as soon as you finish your Cadetship then you need to do the FD route. Last I heard there was a sea time requirement before HNDs could top up (that's how it was at WMA anyway). Theres a separate thread for which companies are still taking applications called "Who's still recruiting?" Should be pretty easy to find as it's been made into a sticky by our noble admins!

Comment

Originally posted by perksy121 View Post
      Hi Ben

Last I heard there was a sea time requirement before HNDs could top up (that's how it was at WMA anyway).
      That seems to depend upon the university, it also depends if you want to top it up to the nautical science degree or use it as credit towards a different degree, most uni's wouldn't know what seatime was anyway.

But the HND itself without additional seatime is acceptable to top up to the full degree, no need for the FD.
      Flickr Twitter
      No man would go to sea if skilled enough to get himslef into prison, for a jail has more room , more honest company , and you are somewhat less likley to drown ( Dr. Samuel Johnson)

Comment

Working...
      X