Maersk interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk interview

I got my maersk interview today has anyone else got theirs?

Originally posted by All View Post
    I got my maersk interview today has anyone else got theirs?
    When did you apply to them? How long did it take for them to get back to you?
    Thanks

Comment

Do you mean you got a date for the interview? If it was today, don't expect you'd have time for posting on here! Either way, well done, and good luck.

Comment

Nice one, good luck.

Comment

I applied to them in september for september 2015 intake and got accepted then. So I'm guessing if you haven't heard anything they either haven't recived your application or you haven't been shortlisted.

Comment

I only got a date for the interview today nether the less why wouldn't I be able to post on hear my response? I takes 2 second to post on hear not 2000 hours. But thanks for your good luck.

Comment

I meant that if you had your interview on that day you might be too focused on that to have time to post on here. Also, Maersk are working through applications at the moment for January (maybe even later) interviews so please don't 'guess' that other people haven't been shortlisted. They had a very large number of applications for September and clearly it takes time to work through them.

Comment

Hey All,

Have you had your interview yet? I've just received an invitation from Liam Lockhart for one in Newcastle on the 29th Jan with a view to a Sept 15 Cadetship. Not quite the timings I had in mind but its a brilliant opportunity and at least face to face I can inquire about speeding the process up a little!?

Does anyone else have any experience of this interview or Maersk specific tips? My current plan is to revert back to my 17 year old self at AIB and learn the hell out of everything Maersk does!
                Superyacht OOW
                SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

There is nothing to speed up....sept 15 is the next intake with maersk
                  Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                  Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                  No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I applied late this December and had an email from Liam Lockhart containing a link to the 'psychometric profiling test' yesterday. The email said he was sending out the test to all successful applicants (around 100/1300) yesterday and today. When I applied, the automatic acknowledgement stated that all applications received after 31st December would be under consideration for September 2016.

Comment

Good Luck McBoo.

Yep, thanks Chiefy. I've applied to nearly everyone but Maersk are the only ones to get back to me so far so I'm not refusing anything. I only need 9 months worth of training to get my OOW CoC so I'm looking for a flexible sponsor who will be able to help me fund the distance learning from Fleetwood rather than an unnecessary full two year cadetship. But, if that's all I can get then I'll take it. Just trying to get me qualified and back to sea asap and save my company some money!
                      Superyacht OOW
                      SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                      Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Snowy, do you need to complete sea time before you can take your CoC exams? How does it work coming over from the RN?
                        They told me I was gullible and I believed them.

https://twitter.com/ASFrance

Instagram: ASFrance

Comment

Hi Frenchy,

Yep, I need 3 months. Annoyingly there are few equivalent quals that are transferable. Plus due to the different responsibilities of the branches in the RN there's still lots I have to learn before I'm ready to live up to a CoC regardless of my 9000+ hours of staring out the bridge windows. Eg stability is the engineer's bag in the RN, plus the OsOW only have their GMDSS Short range ticket etc etc.

My current list is PSC&RB, Advanced FF, 1st Aid, NAEST(O), Deck Hand & GMDSS GOC. Plus the Stability, Cargo, Astro Nav, Law & Emergency Response modules of the HNC! I can fit that into a year via Fleetwood's blended learning package (which makes me far cheaper overall than an average cadet), but at present I cant find any companies with flexible enough training pipelines to take me for all the govt funding reasons etc. I'm saving for the worst case scenario of paying myself but then I'll have issues getting seatime!

If I cant get plan A to work then I'm looking at a full 3 year cadetship, which will be an uneccessary ballache but is of course better than nothing.

I see you're Maersk Frenchy. Did you do your Cadet time with them?
                          Superyacht OOW
                          SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                          Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Snowy, yes I was a Maersk cadet. I can honestly say I had a great cadetship with them. I met some great people who were really keen on facilitating my training. The ships and routes were pretty varied, it wasn't just box boats. I also sailed on tankers and offshore vessels. I was a fair bit older than many of the other cadets with quite a bit of life behind me but I didn't feel like it had a negative impact.

I hope you find a company who will support you. Unfortunately too many companies rely on the government funding for their cadets. I would say that even if you have to do the full 3 years then you should do it. It is definitely worth it, and with the knowledge and experience you already have them you will breeze through the training.

Let me know what Maersk say. You can always PM me with questions. Hopefully I will see you on the ship I'm on one of these days.
                            They told me I was gullible and I believed them.

https://twitter.com/ASFrance

Instagram: ASFrance

Comment

Cheers Dude, I may well do. I have seen and heard very good things about Maersk, hence my application.
                              Superyacht OOW
                              SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                              Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Working...
                              X