Entry Grades Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry Grades Question

I am a University Grad with the following qualifications. Just wondered if it would be worth re-doing a Maths GCSE or is it fine as it is?

Looking at HND route.

Thanks in advance :-)

Subject Level Date of Exam Result
    International Relations Bachelors Honours Degree 2011 Second Class Honours
    Politics A Level 2008 E
    English A Level 2008 D
    Business A Level 2008 C
    Business GCSE 2006 A*
    Science Double Award GCSE 2006 B, B
    Maths GCSE 2006 C
    Statistics GCSE 2006 C
    Drama GCSE 2006 A
    English GCSE 2006 A
    Enlgish Literature GCSE 2006 C
    Sociology GCSE 2006 B
    Geography GCSE 2006 C

Hi!

I think you would need to resit your Maths GCSE as I'm pretty sure the minimum entry requirement is a B grade.

Comment

Depends which company your applying for. Clyde will accept a grade c in maths
      Dont just dream, Go and do it!!

Comment

From Clydes website
        http://www.clydemarinetraining.com/c...ments#academic
        and
        http://www.clydemarinetraining.com/content/apply_now
        Might be worth checking with sponsors, as they may see your degree as sufficent to do the FD. I'd call and ask them. This topic has come up before but everyone is slightly different with qualifications.

Comment

Nope your fine definitely the minimum requirements for maths is c and here is a link for a sponsoring company to prove it which has there entry requirements.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pd...ogram_2010.pdf

Goodluck
          Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

dont just assume that a degree will get you entry straight to the fd either! i have a degree and i'm still on the hnd because it wasnt relevent
            H. Jackson Brown Jr. -- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Comment

Shhhhhh you Warsash lol haha xD
              Dont just dream, Go and do it!!

Comment

Most colleges stipulate 5 GCSE's at grades A* to C. Which must include English, Maths, Science and at least 2 other subjects.

in order to apply for the FD route a minimum of 120UCAS points will be required in A levels one of which must be either Maths or an acceptable physical sience.

These are the minimum requirements. It's actually the colleges that set the entry grades. Some sponsoring companies will sometimes set higher requirements.

You would definitely have the entry grades for an HND cadetship, I think because you didn't take maths or physics at A level you may not be able to take a Foundation Degree Cadetship but that would be something to discuss at the time of application.

To boldly go.....
                Forum Administrator
                OfficerCadet.com

Comment

I might be wrong but I would leave the D's and e's off your CV. Don't lie just don't include them.
                  If you degree had an economics or maths element I would be sure to point that out.

Comment

I'm not sure that would be such a good idea Lewis...

I can imagine an interviewer asking why you only took 1 A level, and then finding out you hadn't put them on your application form. Wouldn't it look like you were ashamed of them/trying to hide them? D's and E's are still passes at A level and do count for something.

Comment

They'll ask for a copy of your exam certificate anyway, so there's no point hiding it.
                      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

no I will not shush ^_^ I'm ace and so's warsash!
                        H. Jackson Brown Jr. -- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Comment

Working...
                        X