Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine Interview Results

Hi all,

I recently had an interview with Clyde Marine for sponsorship as a Foundation route Deck Cadet starting with the January 2015 intake.

A few days after my interview, I received an email thanking me for attending, and saying that they were waiting on confirmation of recruitment requirements from sponsoring companies before letting me know whether or not I was successful at interview.

While the email was not overtly negative, it wasn't exactly encouraging either. I was just wondering whether this email is some form of passive rejection, or if it is nothing to worry about? I rang CMT's office to enquire about results and was told I would find out "some time in October" which seemed a bit vague.

Has anyone else interviewed with CMT for a Jan '15 intake and received a similar response, or have you already been given a definitive answer with regard to the outcome of your interview/s?

Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by u01opc9 View Post
    Hi all,

I recently had an interview with Clyde Marine for sponsorship as a Foundation route Deck Cadet starting with the January 2015 intake.

A few days after my interview, I received an email thanking me for attending, and saying that they were waiting on confirmation of recruitment requirements from sponsoring companies before letting me know whether or not I was successful at interview.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]While the email was not overtly negative, it wasn't exactly encouraging either. I was just wondering whether this email is some form of passive rejection, or if it is nothing to worry about? I rang CMT's office to enquire about results and was told I would find out "some time in October" which seemed a bit vague.

Has anyone else interviewed with CMT for a Jan '15 intake and received a similar response, or have you already been given a definitive answer with regard to the outcome of your interview/s?

Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi and welcome to the site - congratulations on the interview.

Clyde have a large number of clients (as I am sure you are aware) and not all will be taking on cadets in the January intake, therefore they need to wait until their clients confirm how many cadets they are taking on, so they know how many spaces they have to fill.

You couldn't of done too badly or they would of rejected you. Remain hopeful, the fact they haven't outright said no means you're probably in with a chance if there's spaces

Remember you can apply to other companies as well.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Hi alistairuk,

Thanks for the reassurance. I just had some jitters about the email as one current cadet told me it was indicative of a rejection.

I have applied to other companies as well. I certainly haven't put all of my eggs in one basket! Nonetheless, it doesn't make a potential rejection any less discouraging.

Comment

If they can't offer you January due to reduced places there is every chance they may keep you on file for September.

One guy got a phone call 2 weeks before we started so don't put too much of a downer on it. Even if clyde did reject you then you could always have an offer from someone else. Look on the positive side
        Dont just dream, Go and do it!!

Comment

I went for an interview at the start of the year for the August start and got the same email through then received an offer shortly after that, I'm sure you'll be okay
          Goodluck!

Comment

Got the same e-mail after my interview last year, felt exactly the same as the OP, mentally wrote them off and later received an offer. It's definitely not a rejection. Hope you hear something more positive soon

Comment

Clyde usually do this. You 99% have a place, they are waiting for a company to say they will have you. Only if it is a very late interview, will you get a yes straight away (if you pass) don't worry. Well done on passing!

Comment

Don't panic, as people have said it depends entirely on how many people the sponsoring companies require. I got a call 5 days before the course started so don't worry if you don't get a definite answer until the last minute. A guy in the same class got the call 2 days before!!
                Ex-South Shields Cadet

Currently trying to pass exams...

Follow me on Instagram if you like pictures of coffee, bay plans and Jotun paint : @jacobontheground

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and reassurance guys! I just hope I won't have to wait until January for an answer.

Comment

I got the same email and same response. Looking around the forum it looks like it may be close to december or January before we hear. Although on another part of the forum I read someone saying they heard back from cmt and are starting in January so I'm not sure?

Comment

I've had correspondence from Clyde telling me they're waiting for enough applicants to be in my area before they interview me. Are sponsor companies on a first come first serve basis? What do you guys think will happen if there aren't enough people from my area applying?

Comment

I would imagine if not enough people apply from your area, then Clyde will just send you to be interviewed in a different area. So at the moment I think they're just trying to keep it convenient for you. Bare in mind that some companies make you travel up and down the country to be interviewed! Good luck anyway

Comment

Do they still pay your expenses if you have to travel for an interview?
                          io parlo morse

Comment

I'm not sure, but I didn't want to risk being cheeky and ask. They gave me money back for travel to college at the start of this phase though

Comment

Originally posted by endur e View Post
                              Do they still pay your expenses if you have to travel for an interview?
                              Seems to vary from company to company - I had to pay for trinity, but then sstg paid for a railcard and tickets for me to go

Comment

Working...
                              X