Carnival assessment centre/interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival assessment centre/interview

Hi, I've been invited to attend a carnival assessment day and if I'm successful il be attending a same day interview. I was just wondering what I should expect from the assessment and the interview? Questions etc.
    thanks

I'd expect various psychometric tests such as verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, maths test (normally just GCSE level) and perhaps mechanical comprehension. Interview questions are the norm: why do you want to join? do you feel you can cope with being away from loved ones all the time? etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosstaviner View Post
      Hi, I've been invited to attend a carnival assessment day and if I'm successful il be attending a same day interview. I was just wondering what I should expect from the assessment and the interview? Questions etc.
      thanks
      Hi Ross, I've applied to carnival myself for the September 15 intake. When did you apply and how long did it take to get this response? Thanks

Comment

Hi Scott, I applied at the end of September, and it's for a place on the January intake.

Comment

I've got a place with Carnival for January so if anyone wants any information feel free to pm me☺️

Comment

Originally posted by Megrow98 View Post
            I've got a place with Carnival for January so if anyone wants any information feel free to pm me☺️
            Guys, can you try and keep the generic questions out in the open please. That way others can see the answers as well....
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I basic gcse maths test so I would begin revising through bbc bitesise website.
              interview- why do you want this job, what would you expect to do on your sea phase etc
              Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

I am also going to the carnival assessment day on dec 2 in southampton. I have been revising from the higher BBC bitesize pages. However reading what you guys have written do you think I should just stick to the basic GCSE questions?

cheers

eddy

Comment

Assessment Day

[QUOTE=Jaws;89000]I am also going to the carnival assessment day on dec 2 in southampton. I have been revising from the higher BBC bitesize pages. However reading what you guys have written do you think I should just stick to the basic GCSE questions?

Hi Ed,

I have also been asked to attend the assessment day on the 2nd December, however i lost the email due to a virus so have no way of finding out the details about the day. I realize this is short notice but could you possibly give me the email address from which Carnival sent the confirmation email to you. Really desperate to attend the assessment day, any help is greatly received.

Kind Regards
                  Ed

Comment

cadet assessment sept 2015

Hello ive got my assesment coming up and just wanted to know if the maths test was basic gcse level and what topics where included in this

Comment

Originally posted by hutchi2706 View Post
                      Hello ive got my assesment coming up and just wanted to know if the maths test was basic GCSE level and what topics where included in this
                      The maths is pretty much GCSE level although if you're going for the Foundation degree route for deck officer it's got a few A level questions thrown in, I think engineers may do the A level questions too but I'm not sure. Remember to take your calculator.

Comment

Have you done the assessment yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by hutchi2706 View Post
                          Have you done the assessment yourself?
                          I have, did it in South Shields on the 11th November, nothing to worry about if you've been revising a bit.

Comment

Alright thanks. And is revising the topics from bbc bitesize enough? Or should I look at questions from other sources like revision books etc.

Comment

I myself have also sat the assessment once before, and whilst BBC bitesize covers most of it, I'd also look at some A-level Maths and Physics since when I did the exam, there was a question on resolving forces thrown in for the Foundation degree applicants.

Comment

Working...
                              X