Clyde Marine Training Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine Training Interview

Hi, I have an interview on Monday with Clyde Marine Training, Any help would be appreciated
    ~Con Affetto
    ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~It's your dream! If you want it to happen, Get your butt up and make it happen. If you want it to happen, Rise and Grind.
    ~

Just make sure they don't ask you to fill in any application forms

Good luck!
    io parlo morse

Comment

Thanks Buddy!! SAME!! Nice sense of Humor ^
      ~Con Affetto
      ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~It's your dream! If you want it to happen, Get your butt up and make it happen. If you want it to happen, Rise and Grind.
      ~

Comment

Take your time when answering questions, think through your answers rather than rushing something out that doesn't make sense. Make copies of all your education certificates, put them in a clear plastic wallet and use post-it notes to mark each group of certificate (GCSE, A-Level etc). Oh and shine your shoes.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Root! I have copies of my Education certificates and my passport, MY Gcse and A level results are on the one certificate , about shoes, does it matter if the shoes are brown or black ?
          ~Con Affetto
          ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Depends on your suit, but black shies are probably the best. Otherwise, as long as they're clean and not scuffed, you should be alright

Comment

Make eye contact when you shake hands and speak clearly. Amazing how many people fail to do that...
              Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
                Depends on your suit, but black shies are probably the best. Otherwise, as long as they're clean and not scuffed, you should be alright
                I will be wearing a Black suit, what does Scuffed mean ?
                ~Con Affetto
                ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Originally posted by HolyNougat View Post
                  Make eye contact when you shake hands and speak clearly. Amazing how many people fail to do that...
                  Thanks!
                  ~Con Affetto
                  ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Just make sure you can walk in them if you do decide to go with the high heels....

(Make sure your shoes gleam, they don't have to be bulled, but well polished)

Oh and good luck....
                    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                      Just make sure you can walk in them if you do decide to go with the high heels....

(Make sure your shoes gleam, they don't have to be bulled, but well polished)

Oh and good luck....
                      I have this really nice red pair of 6 inch heelzz that are abs gorgeous like!

Lol Thanks buddy
                      ~Con Affetto
                      ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Read up on current events, they seem to love this, I got away with telling them that Brad Pitt was in town for a movie, look briefly at naming different parts of a ship (bridge, poop-deck etc) and that's about it, they are pretty vague with their questions and you can get away with a lot.

I'm giving you advice, but at the same time I want top advise you not to go with them unless you are actively seeking a very stressful and uncoordinated 2 and a bit years of your life, there are much better options for cadet programs!

Comment

Thanks!
                          ~Con Affetto
                          ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

"Tell me about yourself."

Specifically What do I talk about ? School ? How I found about the merchant navy ?
                            ~Con Affetto
                            ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Tell them what your interests and hobbies are. Tell them what led you to think about a career in the Merch.
                              io parlo morse

Comment

Working...
                              X