No announcement yet.

James Fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard back from them, thinking about it...

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post
      Why do they want to know your shoe size?
      Ask our resident weasel, he was giving them his inside leg measurement...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Bad handwriting

The problem for me downloading and filling it out by hand would be terrible handwriting which I have hence why I prefer filling my applications online.
        ~Con Affetto
        ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~It's your dream! If you want it to happen, Get your butt up and make it happen. If you want it to happen, Rise and Grind.
        ~

Comment

You might want to try this. It will change your PDF into Word format. You can change it back to PDF when you save it or there's a load of free PDF printer drivers that will let you save it as PDF too.

https://www.pdftoword.com/
          io parlo morse

Comment

Sorry - just tried it. It won't work as the PDF is a locked file.
            io parlo morse

Comment

4 pages on how to fill in a form!? Now i'm losing the will to live.....
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

This application sounds ruthless
                uk.linkedin.com/in/bjwmcgrath

Comment

Paper form is what they like I think. Do remember up here in Barrow we have only just realised the world isn't flat and this internet thing is quicker that pigeons!

Comment

On the subject of faxes, you still see the odd weather fax machine on board.
                    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

My apologies I didn't meant to start a 4 page thread...It was purely to gain knowledge and a different opinion on this situation.
                      ~Con Affetto
                      ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~It's your dream! If you want it to happen, Get your butt up and make it happen. If you want it to happen, Rise and Grind.
                      ~

Comment

Originally posted by AbdulRafiq_14 View Post
                        My apologies I didn't meant to start a 4 page thread...It was purely to gain knowledge and a different opinion on this situation.
                        Don't apologise mate, take everything on here with a pinch of salt. Everyone's here to help (more or less )

Comment

On the contrary - 4 page threads are vastly more entertaining for us all
                          io parlo morse

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post
                            On the contrary - 4 page threads are vastly more entertaining for us all
                            I think you'll find we've hit the 5 page marker now mate

Comment

"In order to be considered for our Officer Trainee Training Scheme please download our Officer Trainee Application Form and complete and return it via email to: [email protected]."

They ask for the application to be downloaded , completed and emailed to them but the application is a PDF file, how am I supposed to complete it ?

Some advice would be great thanks

http://www.james-fisher.com/files/10..._A3-A4_Web.pdf
                              When I applied I imported the PDF file to this site http://www.pdfescape.com then filled it in using the text tool then at the end downloaded the edited PDF and emailed it away. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by BMcGrath View Post
                                I think you'll find we've hit the 5 page marker now mate
                                My ability to handle large numbers deteriorates as the evening advances...
                                io parlo morse

Comment

Working...
                                X