BP trainee ETO officer starting salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP trainee ETO officer starting salary

Hello, I have a face to face Interview with BP in a couple of weeks, does anyone know the starting salary? I know a cadet usually gets around 170 a week, is this the case with the trainee officer role? I would assume it's more considering you need a higher education qualification to be accepted. I'd really struggle on 170 a week due to existing bills. Thank you.

Trainee officer is a fancy term for cadet I think... May be applicable for student finance, IF that's a route you want to take

Comment

Originally posted by Mark12 View Post
      Hello, I have a face to face Interview with BP in a couple of weeks, does anyone know the starting salary? I know a cadet usually gets around 170 a week, is this the case with the trainee officer role? I would assume it's more considering you need a higher education qualification to be accepted. I'd really struggle on 170 a week due to existing bills. Thank you.
      To start with a trainee officer is the same thing as a cadet, just two different titles for the same thing. Doesn't matter what educational qualifications you have, when you go to sea you will all be at the exact same level whether you're a VQ, HNC, HND or fecking PhD....

The 170 a week sounds more like Clyde Marine's pay scales but I have heard figures of 13K per year for BP Cadets?
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Yeah its a cadet rank, the qualified ranks would be junior ETO (3rd ETO equivalent to additional 4th engineer (5th engineer), 2nd ETO (equivalent to 3rd engineer) and 1st ETO (equivalent to 2nd engineer).

Equivalent in salary anyway.
        Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Anything over 10k would do me just nicely, but I couldn't turn this opportunity down no matter what the starting salary is! Anyways I suppose I should concentrate on the interview first!!

Comment

Working...
          X