Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is still recruiting - Comments thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
    An update from BP and Shell

The big 2 oil majors have replied today.

BP are recruiting for September 2018 and January 2019 but their portal does not open until 1st November so please do not apply now.

Shell have not confirmed their numbers for January 2018 yet, but watch this space......

Good luck everyone.

Ian.
    Excellent news thanks for the update.

Have applied to shell and was waiting on BP portal opening.

Comment

• An update from Anglo Eastern:

Looking to run away to sea?
      Got good grades at GCSE but making a hash, or getting bored, with A Levels?
      Parents are you fed up of the kids being at home and need to offload them?
      Wives - need to get him out from under your feet?
      Just fed up of Trump and Brexit?
      Thinking of applying for September 2018 but kicking your heels now?

Do NOT peel the sprouts just yet, forget putting the bacon on the turkey, and leave that last present for mum to wrap later................ NO EXCUSES!

Anglo Eastern are still looking for cadets for all 3 disciplines ETO / Deck / Engineer for a Jan / Feb start.

Who for? Which college? Which course? Hmmmmm. Time for you to do some work yourself - sort out an online application through their website www.angloeastern.com or send a cv to ukcadet@angloeastern.com. I do know they care about their cadets and seem to be a really good training provider. You might even use your initiative and find a phone number and the name of a person to speak to and find out all the answers to these questions.......

What? You want me to do it for you? DOH! - "Bah, humbug!"

Oh, and if Anglo Eastern tell me they do not have enough applicants by the end of December I am getting up a good old fashioned Press Gang to go around on News Years Eve to hunt you all down whilst you are incoherent ..... Any volunteers? What was good enough in Nelson's day is good enough now I say!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Regards,

Ian
      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

• An update from James Fisher:

A quick email from James Fisher last week has informed me that they are still looking for 2 recruits for their February intake at Fleetwood College.

Follow the link on the "who is still recruiting" thread, download the application form, complete it and send it over to the email address as soon as possible, or if you are lazy just clicky here: https://www.james-fisher.com/careers...aining-scheme/ and send it to here: p.jewell@james-fisher.co.uk - sigh!

So - spaces still left and with a Company recruiting for themselves - a rare late opportunity.

Good Luck everyone.

Ian
        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
        "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

• An update from SSTG:

An email from SSTG at the end of last week tells me they are still recruiting for September:

Deck Cadet Engineering
          ET O
          Boston Putford 6 6
          Evergreen 15
          North Star 4 2
          OOCL 4 6
          Sea Truck Ferries 1 1

Some of these spaces have come about because recruiters have made a late decision to recruit more cadets this year.

There is plenty of time left to get a cadetship for September. Just remember that you need to visit their website and submit an application in full. By that I mean that if you do not follow their guidelines on the web page you may find your application rejected.

So - there are still spaces left for Deck and Engineering ...... Good Luck everyone.

Ian.

Comment

• An update from Anglo Eastern:

I have had an email at the end of last week but I was on holiday so I am posting it now.

They have 1 space left for the September ‘18 intake with one of their deep sea clients due to a last minute drop-out. The course is at the NAFC in Shetland for an HNC course, preferably engine cadet but they would welcome deck applicants also.

You need to complete the online application form at the following address: http://cadets.angloeasterngroup.co.uk/

Given the timeframe, I would think that if you complete the application properly you could guarantee a very quick interview this week.

Get busy!

Regards,

Ian.

Comment

• Hi, is there an updated list of vacancies for 2019? Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X