Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMT Interviews.

Hi Everyone,
    I have recently applied from CMT and they emailed me back saying they will send out me a interview date. (exciting) Anyone know when that possibly may be? And anyone know what type of questions they will ask.

Hello,

In my experience, CMT give you an interview date pretty sharpish. I was given a date within a few days of applying for the following week. As for questions, there are a ton of really good threads on this forum if you use the search facility and type in 'CMT'. There is also a 'sticky' to an interview tips thread with tons of information.
    I had my interview yesterday and although I can't tell you the exact questions I'd recommend you read all the literature they send out to you, research some shipping companies in the area that you want to work in, types of ships you could be working on and know exactly why you want to go to sea and do a cadetship.

Good luck! I'm a bag of nerves at the moment awaiting the 'yay' or 'nay'!
    Reggy

Comment

Hi Reggy!!
      Thank you so much! Im pretty much new to this site so i didnt think of the most obvious thing to do. Good luck!! I hope they give you the all thumbs up!
      Alyce

Originally posted by reggy_25 View Post
      Hello,

In my experience, CMT give you an interview date pretty sharpish. I was given a date within a few days of applying for the following week. As for questions, there are a ton of really good threads on this forum if you use the search facility and type in 'CMT'. There is also a 'sticky' to an interview tips thread with tons of information.
      I had my interview yesterday and although I can't tell you the exact questions I'd recommend you read all the literature they send out to you, research some shipping companies in the area that you want to work in, types of ships you could be working on and know exactly why you want to go to sea and do a cadetship.

Good luck! I'm a bag of nerves at the moment awaiting the 'yay' or 'nay'!
      Reggy

Comment

Originally posted by All View Post
        Hi Reggy!!
        Thank you so much! Im pretty much new to this site so i didnt think of the most obvious thing to do. Good luck!! I hope they give you the all thumbs up!
        Alyce
        Hi Alyce,

What exactly did your letter say? If it is the same letter I had a couple months back, it means that they haven't got an interviewer booked to go to your interview location for a while, so if you can get to their offices in Glasgow or Southampton easily enough, get in touch with them. I was going to Glasgow by chance for an interview with my now sponsors (who aren't CMT, they don't pay all that well and don't cover accommodation. If you have a choice, pick accommodation payers!!) and they slotted me in the same afternoon.

As for the interview, mine was fairly relaxed, did it all via an ipad which was pretty nifty. Make sure you have your patened Hatchorder "goodgirl pocket" with you, as they do ask to see it. It was the usual questions about why you want to go to sea, what you think you'll do etc....

Reggie - You shouldn't be waiting too long for a response, they'd made me an offer by the time I'd got back to the airport.....

Best of luck both - if you've picked Warsash hope to see you there!! There is a Facebook group for Warsashians starting September, can't link to it right now due to work servers not being massive Facebook fans....(shameless plug never hurt anyone)

Keiran
        Anglo-Eastern Cadet sponsored by DAO Shipping. I also like steam engines.

Comment

Hi Keiran,
          The email basically said that they would send me a letter/email with a date for a interview.
          And I want to start September 2015 so I don't think that Facebook page will be useful for me. Anyways thanks
          And thanks for the rest of whay you said it was really useful
          However what's a *good girk pocket* I'm really lost on that part x

Comment

The idea of the 'good girl/boy folder' is that you put all your certificates+ photocopies from any qualifications you've done, so GCSEs, A levels, DofE any other courses you've done etc etc. It shows you're organised and if the interviewer asks about any of these things you've done, you can open it up to the relevant page and show them.

Comment

OH!!! I defiantly have one of them! Just got mine yesterday! A nice leather one to make me look professional

Comment

Originally posted by All View Post
                OH!!! I defiantly have one of them! Just got mine yesterday! A nice leather one to make me look professional
                Always best to have your photocopies in a separate envelope, possibly addressed to the interviewer so you can just hand it over :-)
                Anglo-Eastern Cadet sponsored by DAO Shipping. I also like steam engines.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a current Phase 2 CMT cadet at Warsash (who, while waiting for his first ship, has a lot of time on his hands...). If I had to do the interview again the one thing I would do different is pay a lot more attention to the literature about different ship types I was sent prior to my interview. As with any interview,if you are sent out information beforehand your interviewer will more than likely be checking that you have read it and ignoring it is unlikely to impress them.

As for the interview itself, mine was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation most of the time. So long as you are comfortable talking about yourself and why you want the job (which by lucky coincidence are the two things that each of us are the world's foremost experts in!) and can demonstrate some prior research and enthusiasm then you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Comment

Thank you Keiran, that is something that I will defiantly take on board

Comment

I applied in January and got my interview date through pretty quickly. The questions I was asked was about why I applied, what do CMT do, what sponsors was I interested in and also personal questions like how will you cope with being at sea, missing family, what to do when you bored and how you think you will adjust to sea life. I was also asked about the ships they sent the info pack about mainly speeds, crews. If you want pm me and I will send you a summarized version of the notes I made to learn the info quicker cant find a way to upload the file on a reply.
                      Good luck!

Comment

Hi Alyce,

I applied on Sunday night and was invited for an interview on Tuesday, it is in Southampton on Monday 7 July. Where and when is yours?

Laurence

Comment

Had an interview with Clyde Marine on Monday. Nice comfortable interview if you know all the usual details.

Comment

Has anyone who has had an interview recently heard anything back from Clyde? I've been put on a reserve list, which I presume means I've done well at interview, but that was 2 weeks ago. I know they are awaiting numbers from sponsors/colleges, but surely if they are still interviewing this late on there must be some spaces left?
                            I've got a flat to get rid of and need to give a months notice in my job (both manager and letting agents are harassing me for info...) I'm getting increasingly nervous! Excited, but nervous!

Comment

Originally posted by reggy_25 View Post
                              Has anyone who has had an interview recently heard anything back from Clyde? I've been put on a reserve list, which I presume means I've done well at interview, but that was 2 weeks ago. I know they are awaiting numbers from sponsors/colleges, but surely if they are still interviewing this late on there must be some spaces left?
                              I've got a flat to get rid of and need to give a months notice in my job (both manager and letting agents are harassing me for info...) I'm getting increasingly nervous! Excited, but nervous!
                              They're assuming there are spaces, but are still waiting for them to be confirmed. Not really much else they/we can tell you unfortunately. Lots of other people are in the same situation. We just have to wait!!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X