Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qualifications needed to become a Deck Officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifications needed to become a Deck Officer?

I am have just left year 11 at school and now need to know which A Levels will benefit me more in my future career.
    Unfortunately Maths is not my strong point and will A Level Maths and Science be a must or will they just help me at university?
    I am considering the Higher National Diploma more than the Foundation Degree as from what I can gather you need A Level Maths and Science, I was just wondering if you also need these qualifications for the Higher National Diploma.

Thank you

Re: Qualifications needed to become a Deck Officer?

The actual requirements can vary by company (with some requiring you to have higher grades or specific subjects). As a guide you should aim to have maths and / or physics at a-level.

To quote Carnival's recruitment web site (http://www.oceanopportunities.com/cadet ... eck_cadet/);

High grade passes at GCSE (grades A - B) / Scottish Standard level (1 - 2) or the equivalent in English, Mathematics, Physics or Combined Science and at least one other subject. OR a minimum of 160 UCAS points (including a grade A-B in A level Maths or Science) plus grades A-B in GCSE's or equivalent in Maths, English and Science.
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

thats odd as an A is 120 and a B is 100 so why have a low ucas of 160 ?
      Maybe I will never be
      All the things that I want to be
      But now is not the time to cry
      Now's the time to find out why

Comment

http://www.mntb.org.uk/education_amp...mework-16.aspx
        useful?
        Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Working...
        X