Sea time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea time

Hi wondering if anyone could help. I've received a timetable type thing for cadetship. 1st sea time is from April to nov. my question is are you away that full time on 1 ship? Or is it spilt into trips? With leave in between?
    Many thanks in advance

It depends, on company and ship type, but proably not
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Probably not??
      Spilt into trips or away for one trip ?
      Thanks

Comment

from what i know it totally depends on your company so your best off to ask them!
        H. Jackson Brown Jr. -- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Comment

My experience was 3 sets of 5-6 months on one ship, which covered the full sea phases. Other guys/girls had 2/3 trips of a couple of months each. As stated, varies massively dependant on company. Who are you with?

Comment

It's completely dependant on the company you are with. In my first sea phase with Maersk I did two 3 month trips, whereas there are guys with zodiac who did 4-5 month trips, then offshore guys did 4-6 weeks. And the same applied in my final sea phase

Comment

Working...
            X