Question about holland america line eng1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about holland america line eng1

I was looking through posts about holland and America line. I see a post that mentioned that the holland and America line have a different medical system (Dutch). I have been able to pass both Farnsworth test and the city university test as I have a slight colour deficiency. Would Holland and America lines eng1 count this as an engineers unrestricted pass.

thank you

Robert
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Originally posted by therookie101 View Post
    I was looking through posts about holland and America line. I see a post that mentioned that the holland and America line have a different medical system (Dutch). I have been able to pass both Farnsworth test and the city university test as I have a slight colour deficiency. Would Holland and America lines eng1 count this as an engineers unrestricted pass.

thank you

Robert
    You will be required to obtain a Dutch Medical Examination which is a little bit more detailed than the UK's ENG-1, they'll take blood amongst some other things.

Viking Recruitment will make the arrangements for you to attend the medical if you're accepted with them. You will still require your ENG-1 for the purpose of the MCA though.

I cant copy and paste from the document, but eye-sight requirements start at the bottom of page 9. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/70337082...tificate---PDF
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Thank you, would I bring my evidence from the optician to show hat I have passed the Farnsworth d-15 test and city university test
      Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

I had a HAL medical from the same doctor who did my regular ENG1 and from memory, the extra items were some blood tests to test for drugs and a chest X-ray to check for TB even though I had the BCG injection at school. I dont have any colour blindness so cant help you on that point. But I have just checked an old email for the health questionnaire they sent and it just asks whether you have colour blindness or not, no details of the tests they use.

I'd suggest ringing the below number and asking. This was the doctor I got sent to from South Tyneside College.

Dr M A Borthwick
        Dr C H Darling
        The Surgery
        200 Osborne Road
        Jesmond
        Newcastle upon Tyne
        NE2 3LD 0191 281 4777
        or
        07972 593 149
        Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Working...
        X