Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Marine Management

Hi guys!

I had my interview with Clyde Marine just over a week ago. They emailed me back the next day saying they would keep me on file until they found a company. They got back to me today saying they got me an interview with Northern Marine Management.

Does anyone know what the interview is like? If it is similar to Clyde Marines interview?

Jack

Hi I'm just entering my final 5th Phase with Cal Mac/NMM as my sponsor.

The Interview with NMM is fairly similar to the Clyde Marine interview to be honest.

Its worth reading up on the history of the company, information about Stena, what type of ships they manage, general operations etc.
    Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Hi, I've just been offered a conditional offer with Clyde Marine (gcse results) and have been told to make my three preferences. PossibleRecruit are you doing the HNC/D or foundation degree? Does anyone know if NMM offer HNC/D?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BoroBoy View Post
        Hi, I've just been offered a conditional offer with Clyde Marine (gcse results) and have been told to make my three preferences. PossibleRecruit are you doing the HNC/D or foundation degree? Does anyone know if NMM offer HNC/D?
        Thanks
        I've been told by Clyde that they do and most of their cadet's go to STC. How long ago did you have your interview and where?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jacob44 View Post
          I've been told by Clyde that they do and most of their cadet's go to STC. How long ago did you have your interview and where?

I had my interview at South Tyneside at the end of March. Have you been offered a sponsorship to? I'll be at STC in Sept exams and eng1 permitting.

Comment

No I had my interview yesterday, so now I begin the wait.

Comment

How did it go, were you at STC?

Comment

No Southampton. I think it went well but I don't want to jinx it so I'm trying to not predict. I should hear in 3 weeks so fingers crossed!

Comment

good luck with it- I was a week before they responded to say that I would be kept on file until recruitment details had been confirmed. I dropped them a couple of emails in-between to check on my progress then I got my offer 7 week after my interview. Some people have posted on here bad experiences with Clyde but so far I've had no problems with them at all.

Comment

Yeah people talk about the bad stuff more. Cheers I'll let you know if anything happens.

Comment

I did my whole cadetship with Clyde marine and northern marine, I had a horrible experience and hated 85% of my time. I managed to push my self though though...

This is just my experience though, some people didn't mind it and others enjoyed it. I felt with Clyde that they made you feel constantly at treat of being fired/getting warnings and not getting your bonuses. Which is a horrible feeling when you have dedicated 2 years of your life to them and they can just click their fingers and get rid of you.

Ive also heard that clyde have cut the pay and got rid of the bonuses so id advise going with another company. If I did it again i would try with a cruise company as every guy on my course thats with them seem to of had a good time. Then again its all down to preference, if you can hack being away for 4+ months and enjoy your own company you may be suited to this. All depends on the persona and what you like/want....

Hope this helps.

Comment

I'm currently doing my deck cadetship with NMM through Clyde Marine. Everyone seems to have good and bad stories about the respective training providers and sponsors. My personal experience with NNM and Clyde has been positive, they are pretty much just let you get on with it unless you give them a reason not to. As far as sponsorship companies go NMM seems to be one of the better ones. Ultimately they want to employ you at the end of you cadetship, they invest quite heavily in you and you have a lot more direct contact with them than you would at other companies. If you end up with NMM there will be no question of you struggling to get your seatime, they will send you away as much as possible. It seems like they want to get their moneys worth out of you! As for types of vessel you will be on it will almost certainly be 4 month trips on oil/product tankers or LNG carriers. I also managed to get a month or so on one of their RoRo/Pax Vessels which was a good experience. I have to say so far the 5 and a half months I've spent on NMM vessels have been excellent, all of the officers have been very competent and willing to teach me. There has been no problem with being able to complete my TRB.

With regard to the interview with NMM, it's not really an interview so much as a presentation about NMM, what they do and the Stena companies. It appeared to me that they have already pretty much decided they want you as their cadet, the interview is just to make sure you and the company are a good fit and you know what you're getting yourself into. All the people at my interview were offered a place. However, one person turned them down as they weren't too keen on working deep sea. Speaking to my training coordinator at NMM the majority of the NMM cadets go to Glasgow college with a few at STC and Fleetwood. As NMM are based in Glasgow and they often ask you to go down to their offices for training, presentations etc.

Good luck!

Comment

Very helpful advice cheers
                          Last edited by abdula; 11 May 2014, 05:27 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Thanks very much. This has put my mind at ease

Comment

Working...
                            X