Is time running out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is time running out?

Yesterday I received an email from Maersk informing me that I had been unsuccessful at interview and that this year there are a lot of 'high calibre' candidates. I sent an email back asking for feedback as I thought the whole thing went rather well and I am actually gutted to have missed out.

In regards to other companies I havent heard much, Princess, Carnival, Shell, Fisher, Bibby Ship and PG Tankers are yet to reply and BP said my application was successful and that I would hear from them in due course. That said, I personally dont think it looks that good for myself at the moment.

Are the companies I have applied for finished recruiting, do you think I've been unsuccessful or is their process simply a drawn out process?

Would it be worth email these companies and following up my application?

If you are determined and keen, then yes follow up he get feedback.

Comment

If BP said your application was successful why do you not feel optimistic about it?
      As YM has already said, you really must follow up on everything - especially the BP lead!
      Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

There is a thread In (Hatch order) started a week ago showing who is and isn't in the recruiting process still

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWB View Post
          Yesterday I received an email from Maersk informing me that I had been unsuccessful at interview and that this year there are a lot of 'high calibre' candidates. I sent an email back asking for feedback as I thought the whole thing went rather well and I am actually gutted to have missed out.

In regards to other companies I havent heard much, Princess, Carnival, Shell, Fisher, Bibby Ship and PG Tankers are yet to reply and BP said my application was successful and that I would hear from them in due course. That said, I personally dont think it looks that good for myself at the moment.

Are the companies I have applied for finished recruiting, do you think I've been unsuccessful or is their process simply a drawn out process?

Would it be worth email these companies and following up my application?
          repeating what these guys have already said, chase, chase, chase - it shows that you're determined. With regret, I think that Carnival UK, Princess and possibly PG tankers have finished recruiting - however Bibby, Fisher and Carisbrooke are still undergoing their recruitment processes. I think you may have left it too late, as I know I got all my applications off in January. Never give in if this career means something to you, there's always January - if you meet the entry requirements and interviewers recognise your determination, you will get sponsorship from someone. Good luck.
          Join the Warsash Maritime Academy September 2014 Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarsashCadetsSept2014

Comment

has carnival/princess replied to everyone now then?

Comment

Working...
            X