Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Offers

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and I have recently received an offer to start my cadetship at Warsash in September, but I have a few questions.

The company wants me to write back and confirm there offer, but once I do this can I still accept offers from other company's if the opportunity arises?

What is the process from here, do I pass my ENG 1 and then they send me out a contract?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly well done on getting an offer, You wont be breaking a contract if you simply have sent a letter confirming that you will accept the offer, so yes it would be still possible to jump ship (har har) and take another company if they offer as well. Once you sign a contract then it does change things as whatever claw back they have written in is valid from day one. Im pretty sure we did Eng1 after signing a contract but before college. but it could have been before the contract

I wouldn't advise not replying if they have asked for a letter, a week or so is ok but after that they may assume you just don't care enough
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Same thing has just been asked here:

http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...-little-advice

See post 5 for my advice.

Ian
      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Working...
      X