Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Bibby Ship Management Recruitment

Hello guys,

I got an email about a week ago from bibby asking me if I would be available for an interview on the 26th/27th I replied yes but I have not heard from them since ? Can anyone end my panicking and shed some light on this topic ?
    ~Con Affetto
    ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~It's your dream! If you want it to happen, Get your butt up and make it happen. If you want it to happen, Rise and Grind.
    ~

Give them a ring?

Comment

Give them a ring, send them an e-mail... Anything! If you don't you'll probably end up loosing out on a place!
      Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Yeah, I would agree with the above.

If they have contacted you then they won't see it as you being pushy when you have replied and not heard anything back, just give them a call and ask when you are likely to hear back from them. Good luck.
        Go out, do stuff

Comment

There having interviews 2moro at glasgow nautical emailed me yesterday askin me to attend

Comment

So you got emailed a day before then Garry ^ ?
            ~Con Affetto
            ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~It's your dream! If you want it to happen, Get your butt up and make it happen. If you want it to happen, Rise and Grind.
            ~

Comment

Guys I gave them a ring and they said that the person who was handling my application has gone off work with no notice or anything and no one else has access to that persons email so I have been asked to resend my application in.
              ~Con Affetto
              ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Bloody hell, that's a bit disorganised of them, hope it all work out OK for you.
                Go out, do stuff

Comment

Thanks Clanky!! me too!
                  ~Con Affetto
                  ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Update : my application cannot be considered because they person who was handling it hasn't come back to work therefore it is presumed lost. Well that is great.
                    ~Con Affetto
                    ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Can you not just re send it then they can consider that application? Or have they filled all their places now or something?

Comment

That is proper ****.

Comment

Hatch order is keeping a thread with the current vacancies they still had space according to that, but perhaps after the interviews you missed out on that may have changed.
                          Get applying to the rest if you haven't already, plus in the past many have had a few offers chosen one and declined the rest so unless they have reserve list there maybe space. Last summer and this January people were being offered a place a few days before the start of college, with some companies.
                          Don't give up yet! If you don't succeed for this summer take the time to strengthen your CV and apply for January.

Comment

Clearly a company that you wish to work for, so organised that one person disappearing can mess them all up...

As midge suggested, apply to the other companies that are still showing as having vacancies to fill and worse case it means putting off your start until January or September next year.
                            ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                            myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

they have had the interviews that's why!
                              ~Con Affetto
                              ~Abdul R. Rafiq

~

Comment

Working...
                              X