Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccinations

Hey guys,

Just coming to the end of phase 1, about to head off and get some vaccinations tomorrow before heading of to sea in August.

Anyone know what vaccs to expect, and how crappy people feel afterwards?

Re: Vaccinations

I just got them over the last few weeks and I got Hep B (3 shots), Hep A and Typhoid fever combined (1 shot), Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio combined (1 shot) and yellow fever (1 shot). There not too bad the first one gave me a sore arm for a few days but its not bad just felt like if you had worked out really hard the day before.

Comment

People react in different ways to different injections, when I had my yellow fever vaccination my arm swelled up for about three days but I didn't feel ill with it whereas some of my classmates were laid low for days. In fact this has reminded me that my yellow fever is near expiry. Better check it out!! You should be given a list of the vaccinations that you require because you might not need all off them depending on where you are going.

Comment

Aye, just make sure you don't get a meat injection.
        Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Aye, I don't reckon I'll get the lot done in one go. Dip, Tet and Polio all need boosters, and have never had Typhoid, any Hep, or Yellow Fever. Weekend could be interesting...

I'll leave the meat injections to the Royal Navy, thanks

Comment

If your with CMT then you will most likely get them all in one day. We did.
            I was fine, but the Yellow Fever one made my muscle feel like it was constantly contracting, strange feeling. When I got the booster for it the next year then it was fine.
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
            X