Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get a student loan aswell as your sponsorship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get a student loan aswell as your sponsorship?

Im starting my engineering cadetship at Warsash in Sept 2014 and just wondering if anyone knows if you can apply for a student loan when your getting a sponsorship.

Originally posted by jamiem4681 View Post
    Im starting my engineering cadetship at Warsash in Sept 2014 and just wondering if anyone knows if you can apply for a student loan when your getting a sponsorship.
    I have known folks to do it, so yes, but you need to be very very careful with one...
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Ditto. When I was a cadet one of the engineer cadets got a student loan. Bought a flash watch and a large paddling pool. The paddling pool lasted one afternoon of jumping into it from the upstairs bedroom window... Great fun was had, but he is probably still paying it off now...

Comment

If you have never had one before I think it is quite easy to do, but generally unless you have prior financial commitments most people prefer and manage OK on their pay.
        Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys , i have one at the moment as im doing a HNC in glasgow but wasnt sure if i can still get one when i move down to Warsash to do the sponsorship but if i can thats good

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the length of time you're at college. Seek advice or trawl through the small print on the student loans company website.
            'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

Working...
            X