Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine Interview Response

Hey
    I Had my interview with Clyde Marine on the 29th of November and received an email explaining that i will be kept on file for the September 2014 intake, but have heard nothing more. Has anyone else heard yet?
    Cheers
    Ed

Had Interview recently, same response as you, I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's still very early days.

Comment

If your that desperate email them. However my experience with Clyde was horrendous! I don't recommend them at all! I better not say why on here but if anyone wants to hear it email me. More coming to this, I'm on 1% battery
      The games are always, repeat, always, being played. But nobody plays the games like me. You just have to be the best.. And I usually am. Same rules apply.

Comment

Originally posted by EdCrabbe View Post
        Hey
        I Had my interview with Clyde Marine on the 29th of November and received an email explaining that i will be kept on file for the September 2014 intake, but have heard nothing more. Has anyone else heard yet?
        Cheers
        Ed
        I think it's because the recruitment for the January starts has finished (I think some have just started recently) so they'll keep a hold of your application ready for when they start sorting through the September recruitment mix. As Andy said, I wouldn't worry about it too much because most places are swamped with applicants so it takes them a little time to sort them all out. I vaguely remember someone posting that Maersk had 900 applications for 30 cadetships or something (Chiefy?)
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
          As Andy said, I wouldn't worry about it too much because most places are swamped with applicants so it takes them a little time to sort them all out. I vaguely remember someone posting that Maersk had 900 applications for 30 cadetships or something (Chiefy?)
          It's actually between 50-70 but still a huge drop from 900 odd for maersk. Don't know what it is with cmt but yes as said, still very busy with January starts.
          The games are always, repeat, always, being played. But nobody plays the games like me. You just have to be the best.. And I usually am. Same rules apply.

Comment

Originally posted by SameRulesApply View Post
            It's actually between 50-70 but still a huge drop from 900 odd for maersk. Don't know what it is with cmt but yes as said, still very busy with January starts.
            Aye, I knew the number was something like that but couldn't quite remember thanks.

Comment

If your that desperate email them. However my experience with Clyde was horrendous! I don't recommend them at all! I better not say why on here but if anyone wants to hear it email me. More coming to this, I'm on 1% battery
              Anyway as I was saying I just recommend you apply to others also. A lot have closed now for 2014 but SSTG are still up.

Comment

Aye, I knew the number was something like that but couldn't quite remember thanks.
                Yeah very competitive!

Comment

Yeah very competitive!
                  Maybe worth us looking into a some point? Reckon we could get this information via an FOI?

Comment

Maybe worth us looking into a some point? Reckon we could get this information via an FOI?
                    No bother we could haha!

Comment

No bother we could haha!
                      LOL! I let you deal with CMT for that....

Comment

LOL! I let you deal with CMT for that....
                        I'd rather do unforgivable, otherworldly things than have to deal with cmt. You do the representation while I type up hate mail!

Comment

I'd rather do unforgivable, otherworldly things than have to deal with cmt. You do the representation while I type up hate mail!
                          In fairness, they're not that bad. They do take on the most cadets so it gives folks a good chance within the industry...

Comment

I had my interview with CMT in January and got told 10 mins after the interview i had been accepted. I am starting up in Shetland on Monday. So far i have found them good to deal with but its early days yet. I have heard and seen a few stories about potential cadets been put on hold for the next intakes and they all seem to get a place eventually.

Comment

In fairness, they're not that bad. They do take on the most cadets so it gives folks a good chance within the industry...
                              That's a fair point, they do make a huge pact on the industry in that aspect of things. It's just the unfairness of things though I suppose. They give a false advertising of what their cadetship offers and end up having a horrible experience. Whereas if they were given a chance with a more reputable company their experience would vary greatly for the better. Along with all the benefits that come with an independent sponsoring company.

Comment

Working...
                              X