Carnival UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival UK

Anyone applied to Carnival? Just wondering when there cut off dates are and when you are likely to hear back. Got a few interviews in the pipeline already. Just wondering, more the merrier!

I shall send an email Tuesday.
    atlantarhinoplastycritic

Comment

Should be two weeks to a month, had a big re-juggle in the office recently though so they may be a bit behind I guess, especially as open days are this month! There isn't a cut of date really, they will just put you in for next intake but suppose if you want September the last sept cadet got taken on around the start of July (After interview two weeks before I think)

Comment

Ok, that's great, thanks.

Comment

I noticed they put up applications for deck officers the other day, and they want an A or B at A level to do the FD course. Is it worth me applying, when I'm only predicted a C, and hoping my good looks and charm (or merits of the Hatchorder-Approved CV) get me an interview??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

A/B at A level seems excessively high for a cadetship... I just checked the carnival website, it seems to suggest 160 points is enough? with A/B req'd at GCSE.

Foundation Degree Route

For this route, we’re looking for a minimum of 160 UCAS points (including a numerate subject), plus A-B / Scottish Standard (1-2) grades in GCSE Maths, English and a Science subject.
            Also, the HND route is GCSE entry level, and is a perfectly fine way to do a cadetship, so don't worry too much.

Comment

Ah, my bad, I read it in a hurry!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

EDIT:

Got on to the carnival site, and read it again:

High grade passes at GCSE (grades A - B) / Scottish Standard level (1 - 2) or the equivalent in English, Mathematics, Physics or Combined Science and at least one other subject. OR a minimum of 160 UCAS points (including a grade A-B in A level Maths or Science) plus grades A-B in GCSE's or equivalent in Maths, English and Science.

Comment

I spoke to Carnival's fleet training manager at the Warsash open day. Said they usually get around 600 applications (300 of which will survive the initial sift) and [this year] in September only taking on 10. At which point I abandoned hopes of joining CUK

Comment

Just 10 cadets? or 10 deck cadets, if its deck cadets that's a lot, don't give up that easy!

Comment

Unfortunately, that's total! But if the engineering bunch don't impress (for example) then they make take on more deckies than engineers - 7:3 maybe.

Have you thought about applying to Princess?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that's cutting back a bit, 22 total my year.

P.s you forgot ETO's

Comment

Do they take ETOs?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, quite a few in fact, four my intake, at least four after. Even mentioned splitting ETO's half and half between STC and Warsash this year so must be taking more than two :P (I'm so logical).

Comment

Has anyone heard from Carnival yet? I submitted my application a month ago, and it just says that it's been submitted, but not reviewed
                            Join the Warsash Maritime Academy September 2014 Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarsashCadetsSept2014

Comment

I submitted my application two weeks ago and they have given me an interview for this upcoming week! Try ringing them to see if they've relieved your application? Also, if anyone has any tips for the Carnival interview, like how to prepare, and information would be extremely helpful👍

Comment

Working...
                              X