College open days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College open days

Heading down to the Warsash open day tomorrow. Any advice what to do there? Also what to wear? Suit or?

Suit up!
    H. Jackson Brown Jr. -- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Comment

Bring a copy of your CV and cover letter if you have one.
      http://desdons.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @desdons

Comment

Cheers guys. Was gonna take it casual, but I'll put me srs bsns hat on.

Comment

Originally posted by desdons View Post
          Bring a copy of your CV and cover letter if you have one.
          Several copies. Most of the big training companies will be set up, around a dozen.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Printing off a folder's worth now!

Comment

This is a lot different to the one in glasgow . Everyone was in casual wear .. Are yous looking to be given a sponsorship there and then?
              The games are always, repeat, always, being played. But nobody plays the games like me. You just have to be the best.. And I usually am. Same rules apply.

Comment

I wouldn't say suit, but definitely smart

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I felt under dressed last time in smart casual, but then again, I wasn't looking for a sponsor last time!

Is anyone going to be around tomorrow to look out for?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends on what you class as smart. If anyone is with their parents just make sure actually say something and ask questions rather than hiding behind them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Wouldn't say suit either to be honest. A nice shirt though I would say is a must! Decent trousers and decent shoes. Didn't see many people in suits at Warsash open day when I went.
                      All views are my own and not that of my employer/training company.

Comment

Originally posted by SameRulesApply View Post
                        This is a lot different to the one in glasgow . Everyone was in casual wear .. Are yous looking to be given a sponsorship there and then?
                        You are looking to make an impression.

I went to the Warsash open day last year in smart casual - shoes, good trousers and a shirt. I phoned the companies I wanted to talk to in advance, asked who their representative would be and if they wanted me to bring anything like a CV. I also wrote down a few questions that I wanted to ask each company.

When I was at Warsash I could go upto the stall say, "Hi, are you Mr X?" and get straight to talking.

In one of the interviews I was later invited to, the interviewer remembered me and rather than asking interview questions we just chatted for 30 minutes before he more-or-less promised me an offer (the offer was confirmed by phone 2 days later). In a second interview, although the interviewer hadn't been at the open day, his colleague had written down my name and some positive points about me. Again I was more-or-less promised an offer before the interview had even finished.

While I like to attribute this to my unique brilliance, the fact is that prospective employer's like to see someone who is switched on and has clearly made an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsea View Post

I went to the Warsash open day last year in smart casual - shoes, good trousers and a shirt. I phoned the companies I wanted to talk to in advance, asked who their representative would be and if they wanted me to bring anything like a CV. I also wrote down a few questions that I wanted to ask each company.

When I was at Warsash I could go upto the stall say, "Hi, are you Mr X?" and get straight to talking.

In one of the interviews I was later invited to, the interviewer remembered me and rather than asking interview questions we just chatted for 30 minutes before he more-or-less promised me an offer (the offer was confirmed by phone 2 days later). In a second interview, although the interviewer hadn't been at the open day, his colleague had written down my name and some positive points about me. Again I was more-or-less promised an offer before the interview had even finished.

While I like to attribute this to my unique brilliance, the fact is that prospective employer's like to see someone who is switched on and has clearly made an effort.
                          ^This is very good advice.
                          All views are my own and not that of my employer/training company.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickW View Post
                            ^This is very good advice.
                            I'd like to second that. I'm now thinking of travelling to warsash and treat the open day likewise, despite already attending one.
                            The games are always, repeat, always, being played. But nobody plays the games like me. You just have to be the best.. And I usually am. Same rules apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsea View Post

Out of interest; what company was it that interviewed you remembering you from the open day?

Comment

Working...
                              X