Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cadetship put on hold

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kirky1122
    replied
    Steve I would email the halls of residence ASAP for a a space


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Midge
    replied
    Originally posted by kirky1122 View Post
    HIS** Haha, thought I was the only one on here going for a second!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Knew they coundn't leave you there all by yourself.....

    Leave a comment:


  • kirky1122
    replied
    HIS** Haha, thought I was the only one on here going for a second!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Martyboy
    replied
    OOOO congrats Kirky will be happy, be's been dying to meet someone else going to Shetland on here :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Clanky
    replied
    Good stuff and now Kirky can stop feeling all on her (his?) own.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stevemac83
    replied
    Thanks for your replies guys, well I was stressing about it allday yesterday and out of the blue this morning another phone call from clyde marine.

    Saying they knew it was possibly too short notice for me to go to Glasgow on the 20th and they would like to offer me a place in Shetland which starts on the 17th February.

    I got my medical booked for a Monday 20th and that still gives me plenty of notice for my employer. I am chuffed to bits to say the least.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clanky
    replied
    Depending on the job you are in, the salary you are earning and how likely you are to ever want to go back then you can just tell them that you are leaving. The worst that they are likely to do is withold your some or all of your final payment.

    As for the medical, speak to Clyde, they may allow you to start without one and get it done as soon as possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dotc0m
    replied
    Congratulations on the offer!
    3 Weeks notice to me is rather excessive - or are you in a rather important role with your current employer? Or have you been paid in advance and are expected to work the hours payroll has allocated you? I'd always speak with both and try and see if there's a way you can not have to work 3 weeks notice.

    Leave a comment:


  • Midge
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevemac83 View Post
    I recently had an interview with CMT and it went well. I received an offer this morning from them but it's for starting in Glasgow next week.

    I can't get a medical booked in time for starting and I need to give my employer 3 weeks notice. I asked if their were later start dates available but they are all full I was told.

    During the interview it was explained that if for any reason I couldn't make the January intake they would put me on hold for the September intake. Has this happened to anybody else that we know off?

    Thanks.
    Congrats on your offer!
    Right can't you ask your employer to let you go early? Have you spoken to the training comp about not being able to get a medical done in time? I would imagine they have contacts to get you one somewhere quickly. Get yourself on a waiting list in the meantime, explain the problem and timescale.
    Will the training company give you a definate place in September with a signed contract? If not you may find yourself going through the whole process again, and there will be new and more candidates next time. It does get very competitive for places.
    If you were working for me I would let you go, as your brain and heart would not be with my company but elsewhere, plus it lovely to see people move on and achieve their goals.
    Just a few questions that sprang to mind reading your post.
    I have a feeling there has been something in the forum in the past, perhaps do a search and see.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stevemac83
    started a topic Cadetship put on hold

    Cadetship put on hold

    I recently had an interview with CMT and it went well. I received an offer this morning from them but it's for starting in Glasgow next week.

    I can't get a medical booked in time for starting and I need to give my employer 3 weeks notice. I asked if their were later start dates available but they are all full I was told.

    During the interview it was explained that if for any reason I couldn't make the January intake they would put me on hold for the September intake. Has this happened to anybody else that we know off?

    Thanks.
Working...
X