Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sort of Health Requirements are needed for the ENG1 Medical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m.kenning
    replied
    I got asked to bend over and touch my toes which I for 1 can not do. But it was just to check for any irregularities in the spine I think

Leave a comment:

• kirky1122
    replied
    Haha this question has really backfired lol! Nah just wanna know what to expect, can't wait to get it by with so I can get the unconditional offer and get it all sorted

Leave a comment:

• desdons
    replied
    Check out my blog (in signature). It has all the details of the medical. If you're going to Govan for it at the Clyde Marine Medical place then it'll be the same process and there is no cough test. I just had to take top off and undo trousers (not take off) to check for hernias. Anyway who cares if there is a cough test….unless you have something to be embarrassed about

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied
    Its a medical, not a date

Leave a comment:

• kirky1122
    replied
    I'll make sure not to wear the funny boxers I got for crimbo then! "It aint gonna suck itself" Haha, christ I'll need to get the clippers out then!

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied
    Need to strip to your boxers usually but the clyde doctors aren't the most strict My first medical i got the cough test but he went ti town, checked my toenails and everything too

Leave a comment:

• kirky1122
    replied
    What evens happens during the medical? Will I need to strip and do they do the cough test haha?

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied
    I can touch my toes...... It's why the good lord gave me knees

Leave a comment:

• Dotc0m
    replied
    I can't touch my toes either, he did check the vertebrae of my spine while I did attempt to touch my toes though. I'm also starting STC this month - you starting on the 20th?

Leave a comment:

• kirky1122
    replied
    Intermittent Fasting and HIIT 3 times a week and youll shift that in a couple of months

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    Originally posted by Clanky View Post
    So 1 pint of lager and 10 packets of crisps per day then?
    Depends how hungry you are Could be 9 lager's one packet of crisps, but your alcohol intake would be very unhealthy! Nothing else to eat or drink though on either version.
    I don't drink much but I have to keep away from crisps..?...
    If I go to parties I advise hosts never to leave me near the crisps I will eat them all.
    Anyone coming here is advised to hang on to them and don't let me near them, whatever I say lol.

Leave a comment:

• Clanky
    replied
    Originally posted by Midge View Post
    A pint of lager contains 227 calories. If you eat a packet of crisps that contains about the same. Safe drinking limit is 3/4 units a day, a pint of lager contains 3 units.
    Calorie intake for a man is 2500 to maintain current weight. You can eat more if you are very active.

Seems if you want to lose weight drink less, exercise more, benefits are you will live longer give your liver a chance, and feel better. The choice is yours as they say.
    So 1 pint of lager and 10 packets of crisps per day then?

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    Originally posted by Martyboy View Post
    hrmmm, yea but i would drink 4-10 pints of lager a night at college..... this doesn't aid weightloss Toastie for dinner and a chinise on the way home...... College kills me Both me and my flat mate have put on about 15kg between sea phase and college
    A pint of lager contains 227 calories. If you eat a packet of crisps that contains about the same. Safe drinking limit is 3/4 units a day, a pint of lager contains 3 units.
    Calorie intake for a man is 2500 to maintain current weight. You can eat more if you are very active.

Seems if you want to lose weight drink less, exercise more, benefits are you will live longer give your liver a chance, and feel better. The choice is yours as they say.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied
    Ah, I see... Nightmare :/

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied
    Not yet, we are at the present day in this tale :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X