Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamian hoping to apply for Sponsorship

Hello all!

I am a 20 year old Bahamian citizen, currently finishing up a degree in University (BSc in Business Admin & Economics), I'm currently studying in South Carolina, U.S.

I've decided that upon graduating from university, I would like to join the maritime industry as a deck cadet and hopefully get a sponsorship that would allow me to study at a place like Warsash or Fleetwood. However, I'm told that it is very hard for international applicants to get such a sponsorship. Also, I read that having a degree may not be all that beneficial to my application. Ideally, I would love to get a position on a cruise with a round the world itinerary.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what companies I should be looking for, and if I can make this dream a reality despite being an international student. Please let me me know if you have any advice, and what I should be looking to do as I start the process. I would like to find a sponsorship that allows me to begin schooling in January of 2016- when would I have to apply by?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I really don't have any idea what your chances would be within the UK system, are there no Bahamian companies who sponsor cadets?
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Working...
    X