Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview - quick prep needed!

Hello!

I applied to Clyde Marine a few months back for the Deck Officer Cadetship. This afternoon I received a phone call asking me to attend an interview tomorrow! I panicked a little as it's such short notice! Luckily I was able to rearrange it for Thursday due to work commitments *wipes brow* - It'll be a long day of travelling, but I'm really excited

I've been looking through the forums at interview tips etc and they've really eased my overwhelmed mind!

Will I need to have a sponsor in mind when I go to the interview? I have only applied for Clyde Marine, and have been looking at the list of sponsors they have. I'm quite interested in Northern Marine Management...

Does this last minute interview mean that they are potentially looking to fill up spaces for January 2014?

So many questions!

Heyy mann ! , im going with clyde in January after being succesful in my interview , which college are you planning on going too and i reccomend you learn all the ship types , the speeds and crew and a range of companies , Know what a deck officer does , and what the course is all about like the qualifications you gain and such , good luck if you need any advice just message me matey

Comment

How long ago was your interview? Well done for passing That's great news! Plymouth or Warsash are the closest colleges for me, so probably one of those! Where are you going? They didn't say whether or not this was for January or September entry, so I'm a bit clueless at the moment! Did Clyde give you a list of sponsors available or were you lucky enough to choose? I'm ringing my good old dad now for a ship type test!

Comment

Originally posted by reggy_25 View Post
        How long ago was your interview? Well done for passing That's great news! Plymouth or Warsash are the closest colleges for me, so probably one of those! Where are you going? They didn't say whether or not this was for January or September entry, so I'm a bit clueless at the moment! Did Clyde give you a list of sponsors available or were you lucky enough to choose? I'm ringing my good old dad now for a ship type test!
        To be honest, I wouldn't bank on going to those. They will probably want you to go to STC or COGC so that you get used to the idea of being away from home....
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I'm already away from 'home' I've been moving around independently for years (Insatiable wanderlust!) My thoughts were that they'd more likely place you at a college closest to your current 'place of residence'. But I'm new to this. I could be very wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by reggy_25 View Post
            I'm already away from 'home' I've been moving around independently for years (Insatiable wanderlust!) My thoughts were that they'd more likely place you at a college closest to your current 'place of residence'. But I'm new to this. I could be very wrong...
            Dependent on who hires you, you probably are.

Welcome to our world....
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
            X