Cadet fast track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadet fast track

I currently hold a BEng honours degree in an Chemical Engineering. I have been told I can apply for the fast track course and was wondering how long this would take me and what it would involve. Thanks

If you visit Clydemarinetraining.com they have some details about the Fast track degree under courses, I believe it lists how long it takes. I can't access it right now to check because I am on a ship and the website is "Greylisted" whatever the hell that means....

I think for this "Fast Track" route you may need to obtain a letter of assessment from the MCA, something to do with the exact make up of your course, "Core units" and stuff like that I suspect.

You also need 8 months Sea time now before you can sit your Oral Class 4 exam, I joined in January 2011 when it was still six months, although I am likely to end up with 8+months anyway as I have served on tankers.

Sorry I can't provide more precise information!
    Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

If it's in engineering, how long it takes depends in the MCA as I think they decide your sea time, couple of guys on the fast track needed 8 but others on their course needed 12. They were the only two that came from uni, the rest were already at sea some how and just ranking up!

Comment

Working...
      X