Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity House Interview

Hi there,

I have been told this morning that I will have an interview with Trinity House in the coming week. I was just wondering if anyone has any Trinity House specific tips for the interview or if they can remember if they were asked any strange questions in their interview.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,
    I'm a Trinity House cadet phase 1. For me in the interview it was primarily to do with why I wanted to pursue this career, so make sure your well rehearsed for that, also read up on the history of Trinity House, nothing too in depth, basically when they were formed,and also what they do now i.e. the care and maintenance of the buoys, know the names of a few of the Trinity House tender vessels etc..

As for any strange questions there wasn't any, they just want to know your reasons for going to sea.
    They let me know after my interview if I had the place or not which I thought was good.

That's about all I think, best of luck and I hope you get in! There a great company.

Tommo

Comment

I was a TH cadet, same sorts of questions as tommo had. Want to know that you're committed the training and the merchant navy. No point in them using light house due money to train someone only for them to drop out of the shipping sector.
      Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

I was a TH cadet and can't sing their praises enough!

Learn about the bretheran, emphasise that you want to do a TH cadet ship due to the variety of ship types that you will get to sail on, and how you will best represent TH as an ambassador etc
        Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Working...
        X