Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulman
    replied
    They normally do more than one interview day, but that may be the case.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeG
    replied
    hi, Princess Cruises have already had their interview day for the January 14 intake. In January they only take on 2 or 3 cadets. When I applied a bit late for September 13 they emailed me back saying to re-apply closer to Jan 14. So they'll either email you saying something like that or will email you closer to the September 14 intake.

Hope that helps a little

Leave a comment:

• Chalky
    replied
    Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
    So far you have only been invited for an interview, so without being blunt at this stage you don't even have one offer to turn down.
    I was just trying to outline a situation that could arise, opposed to one that already has. But thank you for the response.

Leave a comment:

• Pilot Chris
    replied
    Totally agree chase, pester and grab!

I think Princess / Carnival UK are getting a bit more picky nowadays, (I managed to slip through the net with no interview whatsoever with them but that's another story!)

Holland America is slightly more hands on (especially for the junior officers) so if you enjoy fixing stuff and maintenance work then go for them.

Leave a comment:

• ETwhat?
    replied
    So far you have only been invited for an interview, so without being blunt at this stage you don't even have one offer to turn down. Go to the interview you wont have to decide then and there, in the mean time try to get in touch with the others just to see.

Leave a comment:

• YoungMariner
    replied
    Albiet a few years ago, I only got my invitation for interview with Carnival UK once I was already on phase 1 with another company, needless to say I didnt attend that interview.

Leave a comment:

• Bulman
    replied
    Carnival are currently visiting their cadets in Ireland then coming to STC next week, Princess has just been STC this week. so they may be out of the office for some time

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    I'd phone them both now if you have their number.

Leave a comment:

• Chalky
    replied
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I wouldn't turn down an offer in hope for another one really. I would only turn down an offer because I didn't like the company in general, but then if it is my only offer, I may have no choice!

Thanks once again,
    I'll pester Princess and Carnival over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    I wouldn't turn down any offer in the hope of getting another, and Holland America are pretty decent as far as I know (as are the other 2 you mentioned). Might be worth chasing up your applications that you haven't heard back from either via e-mail or phone (or both) to see what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Carnival can be very slow to reply. I expect someone will come along with a fuller answer shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Chalky
    started a topic Princess, Carnival and Holland America

Princess, Carnival and Holland America

Hey everyone,

Recently I have been invited to an interview via Viking Recruitment for Holland America Jan 2014 intake as a deck cadet.

I have applied for both Princess and Carnival - Carnival about a month ago, and Princess about a fortnight ago - for the Jan 2014 intakes. Late, I know... but I decided to give it a shot anyway.

I have read fragments of discussions that do brush over this idea but never found a concrete answer: Do Carnival or Princess actually send you an email to reject you? I have applied for several jobs over the last year, and the biggest frustration is when employers just don't get back to you, and you have to assume, after a long period of time, that they have rejected you.

I am only curious, as I don't want to turn down one offer, only for it to be the ONLY offer I get i.e. in the anticipation that another company with accept my application.

Sorry if this is a naive question.

Thanks for any help!
Working...
X