Clyde Marine choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine choices

I am starting a cadetship in January with Clyde Marine, and have been told to make three choices. I am just wondering if any current Clyde cadets know which companies definitely take people on in January and which companies only recruit in September. Cheers
    C

Have clyde not given you a list of the companies which are recruiting in January? Seems a bit bizarre for them to ask you to make choices without giving a list of which companies are actually available.

Comment

Sorry, I should of made the post a bit clearer. They did indeed issue me with the full list of sponsor companies, however I'm aware that not all recruit in January, and I was wondering if anybody knew who didn't so I don't end up wasting a choice.
      C

Comment

Hi there,

Prior to starting College in January 2011 Northern Marine Management held interviews with some Clyde Marine cadets and selected 8 to Sponsor, some are sponsored directly by NMM while a few others are sponsored in partnership with NMM and Cal-Mac(like myself). The rest of the Clyde Marine cadets in the class were sponsored by Vroon or Zodiac.

Are you doing the PD/Foundation Degree or HNC route as I'm not sure if NMM recruit people for the HNC route,I could be wrong though.
        Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

I will be doing the HNC route, SWonder.
          C

Comment

Can't help you with that unfortunately. Have you tried asking Clyde directly? I see no reason why they would want to hide this information from you.

Decent Clyde companies IMO would include CalMac, Chevron, Farstad, Gulf, Northern Marine, SBS Marine, P & O Ferries, Royal Caribbean. Some of those are from people I know who were sponsored with them, some from reading on here. I didn't do my cadetship with Clyde but most of my mates did.

Comment

Ahhh right Ok,well the guys I know from the January 2011 class on the HNC route were mostly sponsored by Zodiac and Vroon through Clyde. To be honest I get the impression that the choice of sponsor company for January intakes is quite limited. However at the end of the day you should still get your sea time no matter what company you are with.
              Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

From other cadets in Clyde, basically you can put down your preferred companies down but 9 times out of 10 you are put with someone completely different, just your luck

Comment

Working...
                X