My Application Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Application Status

So I had an interview with Clyde two weeks ago, and within a few days they replied with an e-mail which said "Thank you for attending ... We would like to keep details on file until we have confirmed recruitment requirements from all the sponsoring companies for the January/September 2014 Intake".
    I was wondering if anyone knew what this means exactly, as I have heard of people already being offered places by Clyde, so does this mean that I am on a reserve list? Or have I been accepted and just have to wait? Or is it a really polite way of saying i didn't make this intake??

Any help would be much appreciated

It's most likely be that you are on a reserve list, the exact number of cadets taken on by a company can change due to fleet size and also if one of their existing cadets drops out/ gets fired. So they will have offered to people to fill the known spaces and now while they are keen to offer you a place need to wait till that place is available. If you hadn't made this intake because they didn't want you, they would tell you, bluntly.

With that in mind fire back an email asking when you would likely hear, but also look at the other companies available.
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Hey dude i think your on the reserves list that happened to me last time then i got beaten and unsuccessful im still waiting for my interview for January as the interview is score based if someone beats you then I think you get chosen for September or may be unsuccessful i hope this helps

Comment

Some people got this, then got accepted a few weeks later last year. All hope is not gone, it isnt a rejection, it isnt an acceptance. The waiting games continue. Best of luck.

Comment

I don't know if its still the case but Clyde used to pay significantly less than the other training companies.

Comment

SSTG significantly reduced their salaries recently so this is no longer as much of an issue as far as I know.

Comment

The main difference is that Clyde pay considerably less while your at sea, about ?50 a week less, so that is what affects the overall. however it is manageable both in college and at sea,
              you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Originally posted by smith6769 View Post
                So I had an interview with Clyde two weeks ago, and within a few days they replied with an e-mail which said "Thank you for attending ... We would like to keep details on file until we have confirmed recruitment requirements from all the sponsoring companies for the January/September 2014 Intake".
                I was wondering if anyone knew what this means exactly, as I have heard of people already being offered places by Clyde, so does this mean that I am on a reserve list? Or have I been accepted and just have to wait? Or is it a really polite way of saying i didn't make this intake?
                Hi Smith6769,

I had exactly the same e-mail after I had my interview with Clyde in May of this year when applying for this September intake. This e-mail is saying that you have been put on a list of candidates who are available to be selected by companies. So basically a reserve list in essence. This does not mean that you don't have a place though. What happens is that all the cadets who rank higher after interview (points based interview) will go to the big companies, i.e Chevron, Northern Marine Management to name a few. Once these spaces have been filled they will then start working out who can go to the other companies. But I did only receive my offer a week before we were due to start so be prepared to wait a while!!!! My best advice is to keep ringing them up once a week or once every couple of weeks, don't be a nuisance but ask if they know when your likely to hear. Every time you call it gets logged against your file so it shows that you are keen and interested if you have a good call log, but like I say ringing every other day will not be appreciated at all!! Don't be afraid to apply to other companies too!
                Twitter: Scotty_2410

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
                William Arthur Ward

Comment

i applied in november for th january 2014 intake....i havent heard back, does this mean i havent been accepted or??

Comment

Either that or there's been a mix-up with getting the response out to you (it happens). If I were in your situation I'd give them a call, it's the only way you're going to know for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X