Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Ship Sponsorships?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cruise Ship Sponsorships?

    Anybody know any good cruise ship companies to get a cadet sponsorship with? Thanks.

  • #2
    Thats not how it works buddy,

    the only advice you are going to hear is send applications to EVERY company then when you get an offer you can afford to be picky!

    James.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Megrow98 View Post
      Anybody know any good cruise ship companies to get a cadet sponsorship with? Thanks.
      However should you get cruise ship company offers, i hear the usual suspects like cunard, holland america etc are good.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah in aware of that, Im just wondering who are the best if I was able to pick, unlikely I know, but oh well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok thanks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Crawf121 View Post
            Thats not how it works buddy,

            the only advice you are going to hear is send applications to EVERY company then when you get an offer you can afford to be picky!

            James.
            That's my line :P

            Once your qualified you can get a job with a cruise line no mater who you do your cadetship with. Often easier to get as pay conditions aren't the best.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lewis View Post
              That's my line :P

              Once your qualified you can get a job with a cruise line no mater who you do your cadetship with. Often easier to get as pay conditions aren't the best.
              Thanks, and yeah they aren't the best but still alright money in my opinion

              Comment


              • #8
                Wouldn't recommend a cruise ship cadetship if you ever want to go to other sides of the industry. You will be at a serious disadvantage.

                Start on non-passy and you'll have a better base.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bobofinga View Post
                  Wouldn't recommend a cruise ship cadetship if you ever want to go to other sides of the industry. You will be at a serious disadvantage.

                  Start on non-passy and you'll have a better base.
                  Thanks for all the information! Think I've found out that maybe cruise ships aren't the best option for a cadetship.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Even ferry companies are good get passy and cargo experience. often have an arrangement with an other company so you'll get at least one deep sea trip.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Aye if you get someone like northern marine you do some trips on CalMac ferries and then deep sea on Stena tankers so you get a tanker endorsement as well which is pretty much the best of both worlds.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EH75 View Post
                        Aye if you get someone like northern marine you do some trips on CalMac ferries and then deep sea on Stena tankers so you get a tanker endorsement as well which is pretty much the best of both worlds.
                        Not quite if go with Calmac you will get trips with northern marine. If you end up with northern marine you wont do trips with calmac although you might end up on a Stena line ferry. Hope that wasn't as confusing as I thought.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks, not too confusing, I understand, I think..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                            Not quite if go with Calmac you will get trips with northern marine. If you end up with northern marine you wont do trips with calmac although you might end up on a Stena line ferry. Hope that wasn't as confusing as I thought.
                            Not sure about this. I know several people who were sponsored by Northern Marine, they all spent time on Calmac and a couple of them went on Stena ferries as well. They also ended up on Stena tankers for a few months. Of course it might have changed recently. Essentially if you are with that group of companies you'll get time on ferries and tankers, which seems pretty good from a training perspective.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X