I need your help guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help guys....

There you go - even Hatchorder has to ask all you lovely people for your help!

I have a young man I have been helping with his CV and he suddenly asked the question last night if he still has time to apply for the January intake. My first reaction is that he should go for September as there will be more choice, but he is 22, already has 200 UCAS points and plenty of life experience so I was wondering if you could all chip in and tell me EXACTLY which companies are recruiting for January so I can make a "Go - No Go" decision as to whether we try for Jan or September.

My first 2 preferences are Bibby's and Maersk, then after that the oil majors.

Can anyone add definites to the list please....

Thanks,

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Trinity House? I think they do. They did last year I know someone who did start January. RFA it takes a time to go through their process with sift and AIB but that would be for September but start now.

Comment

Not Maersk, only doing September in takes
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
        Not Maersk, only doing September in takes
        Thank you - I knew that was the case this year.

Ian
        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
        "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
          Trinity House? I think they do. They did last year I know someone who did start January. RFA it takes a time to go through their process with sift and AIB but that would be for September but start now.
          RFA is out, thanks for Trinity House.

Ian

Comment

I believe Chiltern also take on for January, not 100% sure if they still have places but they certainly take people on right up until the deadline of each intake. Best of luck

Comment

Pretty sure carnival and princess do too

Comment

Clyde marine are open for applicatons it says on there website that it people should apply from today but i applied earlier and im waiting for my interview date

Comment

I Belive it is worth applying to PNTL as they are willing to take on cadets.
                  I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship!!

Comment

I think Clyde Marine are still recruiting for January, they had delays with their September interviews, their first set of interviews based at Fleetwood begin on Monday.

Comment

Clyde have replied to me but im waiting for my interview date off them...

Comment

So the list for January intakes as far as I know this year are:

Trinity House
                        RFA
                        Chiltern
                        Carnival
                        Princess
                        Clyde Marine
                        PNTL

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I will recommend a September start.

Regards

Ian

Comment

I'd reccomend September because ive applied for january done it a week ago and i personally think its way too late :/

Comment

Don't forget Bibby Ian!

http://www.bibbyshipmanagement.com/s...gs-programmes/

Sam

Comment

Working...
                            X