Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosedmonkey
    replied
    Apply for lots of companies, even if you go to the interview, and they want you, you do not have to accept the job, the interview is for you to also find out if you like their company, and for you to ask questions about what makes them such a great company to work for.

Send off applications for like five companies if I was you. Or more if you really want! Just make sure you let them know if you have accepted another companies offer.

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied
    Best advice is not to wait. Keep applying to other companies don't get your heart set on a particular company. Also try to tailor your CV to who you apply to nothing puts personnel types off more than a copy and paste job, remember they read hundreds of CVs and can spot it a mile off.

Leave a comment:

• linnez
    replied
    I might be going with Maersk in 2014 they've accepted my application but , My friends uncle is a deputy captain of a Maersk ship and he contacted Head office with my CV with me , I applied to SStg on the 2nd still havent heard anything for january intakes

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    How long is a piece of string? As has been mentioned it varies massively. I heard back from SSTG within a few days but didn't get a reply from Maersk inviting me to interview until I was already halfway through phase one!

Leave a comment:

• Bulman
    replied
    Think it's normally around 2 weeks, if youve not heard any thing in a month i wouldnt get your hopes up! Someone has heard nothing before then a year later been invited to a interview!

Leave a comment:

• linnez
    replied
    I got accepted for CMT for September i went to the interview and completely messed it up i was gutted but hoping to get for january for one of the companies through the HND route

Leave a comment:

• CalumWillison
    replied
    I'm with CMT and i heard back within a few weeks but i know i few people who have waited less and more time than that. So it definitely varies!

Leave a comment:

• linnez
    started a topic How long does it usually take to get a reply of companies

How long does it usually take to get a reply of companies

Hi , ive applied for some companies such a Ship safe Training group , I was wondering how long it takes to get a reply of them from applications ?
Working...
X