Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Marine Management Second Interview

Hello guys!
    I'm with Clyde Marine and have a second interview with Northern Marine Management/Cal Mac Ferries next week and I was wondering what kind of interview this will be? I've heard from different people that its the same kind of interview as the Clyde Marine one but I've also heard that its much more laid back? Also, what will I need to know for this interview?
    Thanks guys!

I'm with calmac somebody asked a similar question a few weeks back.

http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...ghlight=Calmac

Comment

I have a second interview with NMM/CalMac in June, just wondering who else has one and if we're going to be there the same day. Any helpful hints on the interview and possible questions would of course be appreciated to I understand we get a presentation about both companies then a short interview follows, is the interview with a representative from both companies?

Comment

Originally posted by BoroBoy View Post
        I have a second interview with NMM/CalMac in June, just wondering who else has one and if we're going to be there the same day. Any helpful hints on the interview and possible questions would of course be appreciated to I understand we get a presentation about both companies then a short interview follows, is the interview with a representative from both companies?
        Mines is on the 11th. What about you?

I think the interview will be fairly similar to CMT's. Questions about the ships they use and facts about the company etc

Comment

Great- Yeah mines on the 11th to, I'm quite late on in the day though. From what I've read I think it'll be very much like Clydes interview, but this time it'll probably be with two of them interviewing us - one from each company? Who did you put as your three choices? I put Chevron, Subsea 7, and Gulf Offshore. I'm really happy that I've been selected for this interview with NMM, I did apply to them separately but heard nothing back so assumed I wasn't what they were looking for- I didn't put them as a choice as didn't want to waste it. They're a great company with a fantastic reputation- lets hope we make the grade good luck.

Comment

Great- Yeah mines on the 11th to, I'm quite late on in the day though. From what I've read I think it'll be very much like Clydes interview, but this time it'll probably be with two of them interviewing us - one from each company? Who did you put as your three choices? I put Chevron, Subsea 7, and Gulf Offshore. I'm really happy that I've been selected for this interview with NMM, I did apply to them separately but heard nothing back so assumed I wasn't what they were looking for- I didn't put them as a choice as didn't want to waste it. They're a great company with a fantastic reputation- lets hope we make the grade good luck.
            Yeah, from what the email said I think there is one person from NMM and one from CalMac.

I haven't selected my 3 choices yet so I don't know why NMM are giving me an interview but I'm happy either way. NMM seem like a grand company so good luck.

Comment

Your 3 choices are pretty much irrelevant. Don't know why Clyde even ask

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

UPDATE

Got a place!

Comment

Well done :-)
                  io parlo morse

Comment

Well done! Who with NMM or CalMac. I've been offerd CalMac, email came through today.

Comment

Well done! Who with NMM or CalMac. I've been offerd CalMac, email came through today.
                      CalMac as well but according to the email I will be getting sea time with both CalMac and Northern Marine.

Will you be going on the tall ship trip and the applicant seminar?

Comment

Well done! I got offered a place with Northern marine today, hopefully going to the tall ship and seminar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations. Which college will you be going to and are you doing a HND or PD?

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleRecruit View Post
                            CalMac as well but according to the email I will be getting sea time with both CalMac and Northern Marine.

Will you be going on the tall ship trip and the applicant seminar?
                            Thats what my email said to- won't be going on the tall ship because I am already doing a tall ship experience with jubilee sailing trust, I mentioned that in interview and they were ok I about it, and I'm on a course 20th-25th July already. Typical but I don't think I can make the seminar either, I hope they change the date.

Comment

Should be going to Glasgow and doing the PD depending on exam results!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X