Liverpool student seeking sponsor and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool student seeking sponsor and advice

I am really concerned about my future, my query is I'm studying for a degree in marine engineering in liverpool, while i have not been sponsored by any shipping as yet, in my 2nd year now and looking forward to do some sea time in my gap year but i don't know how to get in touch with shipping companies that might recruit any freshers and who might sponsor or provide me some sea time. I'd appreciate if you could tell me something about it.
    cheers.
    Last edited by size4riggerboots; 6 August 2013, 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by Yatur View Post
    I am sorry for posting this here as this is irrelevant to the topic being discussed here i am really concerned about my future and my query is im studying for a degree in marine engineering in liverpool while i have not been sponsored by any shipping as yet, in my 2nd year now and looking forward to do some sea time in my gap year but i don't know how to get in touch with shipping companies that might recruit any freshers and who might sponsor or provide me some sea time. I'd appreciate if you could tell me something about it.
    cheers.
    Hi Yatur

This may get moved but I would suggest you work your way through the list of companies here: http://www.careersatsea.org/apply/sp..._companies.php

Cheers

Chris
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Aye, moved as this merits a thread of it's own. Do we have any other folk who are or have studied at Liverpool? Would be worth asking the Plymouth students too as they have a similar set up I believe.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Hi Yatur,

I studied at LJMU but i did the Nautical Science BSc. I think your best bet is to contact the head of the maritime department and get advice from them. As Size4 said above, get calling (not emailing) them list of sponsorship companies and see if you can get a position on one of their ships. Everyone at John Moore's at the same time as me had sponsorship so this wasn't a problem, as i said speak to the lecturers, they may have had people in your predicament before and know what companies may be able to provide you with sea time. I hope you get your sea time and everything works out. Good luck

Comment

Try SSTG (ship safe training group), I know that they train cadets from plymouth doing the degree course there so they have some experience with this and have clients who can see the benefits of sponsoring degree students, also worth contacting Chiltern Maritime, Clyde Marine etc.

Good luck.
          Go out, do stuff

Comment

Working...
          X