After the interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the interview

Just wondering the approximate time it took for companies to get back to you after your interview. Had an interview with Clyde Marine Training recently and was wondering how long it is before it's suitable to give them a call. Cheers
    C

I heard back from them after around 2 weeks but there doesn't seem to be any set pattern to it. If it's been a month I would give them a ring. Best of luck
    Check out the blog!

http://www.rudder-nonsense.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

No, it's been no where near a month, so maybe I shouldn't stress too much! Furthermore, they've been in touch after the interview just confirming something so hopefully that means that my interview went reasonably good. Best of luck to yourself too, RudderNonsense!
      C

Comment

Delete the bottom, that should be a Well done! Haha
        C

Comment

Well I had my interview on the 24th April, got acknowledgement and thanks within a couple of weeks, and got offered sponsorship two days ago. So it sounds like it is different in many peoples cases - a couple of months in mine.

Good luck with everything though, are you aiming for the January intake?

Comment

Nope, September intake, mate. Really hope I don't have to wait too much longer, and thanks very much.
            C

Comment

Ahh cool, yeah they cannot take much longer then for September! Hope you hear back soon, I should be joining fleetwood this year, if you are too let me know, I would like to find out who's going before I get there.

Comment

Being from Scotland, both the interviewer and I thought it'd be most likely be Glasgow College of Nautical Studies, pending a successful outcome. Have you picked your companies out of curiosity?
                C

Comment

Well i did not get asked for a choice, i was offered gulf offshore, did some research, they seem great so i took it. You never know were your going to be, i have been told at open days that sometimes companies like to move students a little out of their comfort zone in terms of distance to home to prepare them for sea phases.
                  I live closer to warsash but i have been placed four hours away in fleetwood.

Comment

Gulfmark Offshore are a good company in my opinion. Did you get an offer from Gulf the exact same time as your letter of acceptance? In my case, Glasgow is no stroll down the road, certainly over one hundred miles from where I live!
                    C

Comment

Sounds positive! I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm on the PD course at Glasgow so hopefully see you there. Are you from Barra per chance? Just the name and you saying you're 100 miles from Glasgow and the avatar. I work beside a MacNeil!
                      Check out the blog!

http://www.rudder-nonsense.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Yeah, spot on mate. Here's hoping, fingers crossed!
                        C

Comment

Working...
                        X