Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf offshore CMT sponsorship

Hey guys,

I have just been offered a sponsorship with Gulf offshore via Clyde marine for a September start 2013 at Fleetwood.

Is anyone else either in a similar experience or can shed some light on what to expect and what gulf are like?

thanks... I'm so happy!

Well done! From what I've seen on the blurb on the CMT website Gulf try and keep their cadets on after training which is an obvious plus. How did you find out they were your sponsor? I know normally CMT make you wait until college starts.
    Check out the blog!

http://www.rudder-nonsense.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Sweet, and she just told me on the phone that it was gulf offshore !

Comment

They won't tell me mine Pleased for you though, I too am hoping for an offshore company
        Check out the blog!

Comment

Originally posted by RudderNonsense View Post
          They won't tell me mine Pleased for you though, I too am hoping for an offshore company

If your that keen to know if they have made a decision already and are only holding on in case you bolt as you don't like the decision or they actually don't know till the very end, you could send them an information disclosure request. they would then have to copy all documents that relate to you in any way as long as that doesn't take one person more than 18 hours to compile and respond within a reasonable time frame.

Although it might make the wrong first impression
          you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

I'm just nosey to be honest. I'll take what I'm given but I definitely have my favourites. I know ticket at the end is most important thing, but my personal preference is to get an offshore company. I suspect I'd be blacklisted if I did an info disclosure!!
            Check out the blog!

Comment

I know my company though CMT as they second interview their cadets. I'm with Royal Caribbean and I offered my cadetship in my second interview at their UK Headquarters, I had my head in the clouds for the rest of the day back at work!

Comment

Nice! Don't think they take on very many cadets so you've done great there
                Check out the blog!

Comment

RCI are my dream company, and are the reason why I am doing this today, all of their bridge crew I have met have been fantastic.
                  Looked into gulf and I'm very happy

Comment

Originally posted by RudderNonsense View Post
                    I'm just nosey to be honest. I'll take what I'm given but I definitely have my favourites. I know ticket at the end is most important thing, but my personal preference is to get an offshore company. I suspect I'd be blacklisted if I did an info disclosure!!

technically yes I think it would upset some people, however if you felt that an offer was revoked because of it you can do another one, and then sue them but yes it kinda doesn't help with getting the ticket.
                    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Surely you can actually wait until you get to college?
                      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Yes I can, just excited to start. 60 days and counting!
                        Check out the blog!

Comment

Congratulations, one of my friends back home completed his Cadetship with Gulf but was not offered a job at the end. I will ask him what he thought of the company and PM you. I do know that his first Sea Phase was spent in the North Sea and his second Sea Phase was spent off the coast of Ghana.
                          Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Thanks SWonder that would be fantastic, just trying to learn what to expect before I get up there, calming the nerves i guess!

Comment

I'm with Gulf and so far I've got no complaints. They've treated me really well through my cadetship and I really enjoyed my time on my first boat. Heading out on my second ship next week so hopefully that goes as well as the first! If you've got any questions give me a shout.

Comment

Working...
                              X