Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Tyneside Pre-cadetship

Hi all,

i am intending on going to South Tyneside to study the Pre-cadetship as it can get me to FD without a-levels. I'm just wondering whether anyone else is doing it or if someone has and they could tell me what it is like and what to expect.

thanks
    Brad
    Phase 2 Cadet
    Evergreen Marine (UK) Ltd.
    South Shields Marine School

I dunno what other people have to say about this, and this isnt my experience but someone who i knew at the collage doing it at the time, it's really not worth doing, youre better off going back to college for a year and getting extra qualifications.....

Basically this guy was a little bit off having the right grades think he needed maths, so he got advice to do this pre-cadetship course, paid the extra money for the course then had more costs staying in halls! There wasn't many people on his course, they dicked him around a lot saying he would finish in march then it changed to june and then july, (think its just a new thing which probably means they were a bit unorganised?) but this then screwed him over when trying to get some sea time and for applying to companies. Mid way, he had a few talks with different staff and companies and discovered it would be better to just go back to college at home get his grades up to the requirement and then apply for companies. This works out a lot cheaper and its way easier and i have no doubt we'll see him at college next year with a company without having go through this pre-cadetship course.

But let's see what others say

Comment

That's great thanks I spoke to the guy who interviewed me for Maersk (as I was unsuccessful) and he has recommended it to gain more maritime knowledge and Maersk think it is a great course. Also it gets me to doing foundation quicker than studying 2 years of A-levels which I'm am hoping to avoid hahaha, thanks anyway
      Phase 2 Cadet
      Evergreen Marine (UK) Ltd.
      South Shields Marine School

Comment

Working...
      X