Waiting on a Response from Clyde Marine Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on a Response from Clyde Marine Training

Hi guys, just looking for some responses to maybe calm my nerves a bit, I recently had my interview with clydemarine on Monday and everything went well, i was in the interview for the full 50 minutes and was told at the end i answered all my questions well, researched well, you couldn't tell i was nervous through my responses, i was well dressed, sat up straight, didn't fidget and my eye contact was great and my interviewer said he had no criticism apart from i had a bit of a dry mouth but i was under the weather. i was told if i was accepted i would have to wait 2-3 weeks on a response and i am fairly confident i could have a place, again as the interviewer did compliment me as much as that i'm remaining positive. 3 of my friends have already had there interviews and been accepted for hnc deck and hnd engine and each of them heard back the same day with an offer. they did have there interviews 2 months ago and maybe thats why they heard back so soon but you can see why i'm a bit nervous. this was my first ever interview and hopefully wont have many more as the merchant navy is the career i would like to pursue more than anything.

Don't stress, some people hear back straight away, some here after a few weeks. Just seems to be how it goes. Wait your 3 weeks and then just give them a quick and polite ring to see how it's going

Comment

thank you , just wanted a rough idea of how many people heard back straight away and how many people had to wait ye know i'll definitely give them a ring though if i still don't hear anything . thanks again man

Comment

Try and take your mind off waiting on the response, concentrate on studying for exams if you have any!

If you take your mind off it, 2-3 weeks will pass in no time.

Comment

Hi Watsy I had my interview in Glasgow for the Diploma course in mid-April and received my acceptance around two weeks later. I'm sure it's fine if you reckon the interview went well. Don't be afraid to give them a phone if you haven't heard anything after the three week mark. From looking on here, CMT do not appear to have a set time frame in terms of replying to people. Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine!
          Check out the blog!

http://www.rudder-nonsense.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

thanks a lot eamonn, good the hear you waited the length and heard back positive, made me feel a lot more easy

Comment

I had my interview in February last year and had to wait until August for a letter of acceptance (after some badgering toward the end). I had a "conditional offer" within the week but that really was confirmation that I was in the maybe pile.

Others had their interviews in January and were given a weeks notice to get to college. Admittedly last year there were some concerns over funding and I was a university graduate so those things slowed my application. Give them a few weeks then phone and ask how your application is going, show some interest, it never hurts, but don't harass them.

Comment

thanks man, that's a week iv'e waited now and the suspense is killing me, its literally my dream job and i'm not even sure if i'll get accepted.

Comment

Brilliant news from Clyde, Turns out I got accepted and i should have received an email of acceptance a few days after my interview, i phoned them up yesterday asking for some news on a possible offer and was told i had been accepted though there's been some trouble with the emails... I'm chuffed as chips looks like ill be on on the august start for this year all going well with the medical, cant see there being any problems

Comment

Originally posted by Watsy17 View Post
                    Brilliant news from Clyde, Turns out I got accepted and i should have received an email of acceptance a few days after my interview, i phoned them up yesterday asking for some news on a possible offer and was told i had been accepted though there's been some trouble with the emails... I'm chuffed as chips looks like ill be on on the august start for this year all going well with the medical, cant see there being any problems
                    Well done....
                    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Brilliant news. Well done!
                      Check out the blog!

http://www.rudder-nonsense.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X