Phase help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase help

Between phase 2 and 3 how much time should I have off if any?

Just wondering if a holiday would be possible next year?

Also it's the Engineering PD.

Thanks

Originally posted by hotnspicy View Post

Thanks
    You'll probably get a bit of time off but I doubt you'll know when.

It's certainly possible to have a holiday if you can afford it but its likely to be a last minute deal rather than something you can book in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by hotnspicy View Post

Thanks
      Possible, but probably not likely. It depends on the training officer, training agency, sponsor, amount of sea-time accrued, what the vessel you're assigned to is doing (if it's drydocking, you're staying on-board) and what side of the bed the boss wakes up on. Phase 4 is probably a bit more likely....
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

My advice would be do not book anything , if you end up with a couple weeks off here and there last minute deals are ideal ... and can be excellent priced.

Comment

Aye if anything I'll e booking up last minute, just wondering if it'd e possible. Cheers

Comment

Plenty of time for holidays once you qualify :P

Comment

Just as a wee warning, while I was on my first sea-phase, I got told that I'd be home on or around a certain date so I organised (but didn't book) a holiday. It then turned out that the ship I was on was to be laid up for two months and I was to be sent on another one. This meant that I got about a fortnight off for four months away whereas most of the class got over a month. So don't count your chickens before they're hatched!

Comment

Working...
              X